Aston Villa news: Steve Bruce reveals all about Robin van Persie transfer speculation
A new striker is top of Bruce’s January transfer wish list after losing star man Jonathan Kodjia for the rest of the season.
Villa’s chief executive Keith Wyness revealed in a radio interview on Friday that Van Persie, 34, had popped up on their radar.
The former Arsenal and Manchester United striker wants out of Turkish club Fenerbahce but Bruce decided against making a move after flirting with the idea.
Van Persie is set to rejoin Feyenoord after Fenerbahce agreed to cancel his contract.
Alexis Sanchez: Manchester United transfer highlights Aston Villa problems - Steve Bruce “He was... read more
- 08:32 Hildreds team presented with award by TV celebrity
- 08:29 Pupils’ lesson in gardening
- 08:29 Fylde coast shopping outlet finds Affinity for its new name
- 08:23 Is the Earth flat? Meet the people questioning science
- 08:22 Emergency services called out to early morning roundabout crash in...
- 08:21 Sergio Ramos sends message to Mohamed Salah after Champions League...
- 08:19 The Long Read: End of an era for the Banbury Triathlon story
- 08:19 PICTURES: Thunderstorm lights up sky above Banbury
- 08:17 Apple cancels its London music festival
- 08:16 Real Madrid news: Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Isco could all...
- 08:14 MPs turn up heat on ministers over ‘shameful’ health funding
- 08:10 ‘Fifteen minutes of free Whitby parking is not enough’
- 08:08 What can business learn from Laurel and Yanny?
- 08:07 WEATHER: Warm day but thunderstorms are brewing for Derbyshire
- 07:57 Car dealer was shot nine times
- 07:54 FEATURE: Getting to know... Cobblers’ academy graduate Morgan Roberts
- 07:53 Plans to give new lease of life to church
- 07:53 Katy marks 500 days since getting a new heart - with video
- 07:53 Poppy visitors ensure Fallen are not forgotten
- 07:53 VIDEO: Car bursts into flames on major Sheffield road
- 07:53 Pedestrian hit by car on major Sheffield road
- 07:39 Eurotunnel warns on Tory plans for post-Brexit customs
- 07:34 Richer Sounds boss launches crusade to expose tax avoiders
- 07:34 M&S boss turns to hi-fi entrepreneur to amp up profits
- 07:33 Building company boss who got pensioner to cash cheques from closed...
- 07:28 Boy, 15, charged with murder of Sheffield teenager
- 07:28 Sheffield road closed as police deal with ongoing incident
- 07:27 Doorstep lending crackdown to save vulnerable from debt
- 07:24 Drink driving ex-policewoman drove into another car in Sutton
- 07:20 Hawaii volcano eruption prompts fears of disastrous blow to tourism