Aston Villa manager rumour: David Wagner wanted by Dr Tony Xia
The Guardian are reporting that Huddersfield Town boss David Wagner is top of Aston Villa's shortlist to replace Roberto Di Matteo.
Wagner, who previously worked at Borussia Dortmund with Jurgen Klopp, has led the Terriers to the top of the Championship despite starting the season as one of the relegation favourites.
Villa are now keen on recruiting the German as they search for their sixth manager in the past 12 months and are exploring if there is any chance of tempting the 44-year-old to Villa Park.
Read More Aston Villa comment: Don't liken Dr Tony Xia to Leeds United owner Massimo... read more
- 00:17 Some psychosis cases an 'immune disorder'
- 00:17 Children's online junk food ads banned by industry
- 00:17 Chelsea consider raid for Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez: Antonio...
- 00:17 Roy Keane says Leicester are 'in big trouble' as he claims the club...
- 00:17 Karim Benzema becomes sixth player to score 50 Champions League...
- 00:16 Getting ready for the world of work
- 00:12 Brexit: French financial regulator wooing London banks
- 00:11 Tamil Nadu faces political vacuum after Jayalalitha's death
- 00:11 Why has this Nobel winner been ignored for 30 years?
- 00:10 Hundreds of police accused of sexual exploitation
- 00:08 Australian regulator will not block ChemChina's Syngenta bid
- 00:08 UK housing, hiring stay resilient despite Brexit vote - surveys
- 00:06 ‘It is absolutely TERRIBLE’ rants Leicester City fan after 5-0...
- 00:06 Kettering parents jailed for 'sickening' baby abuse
- 00:06 Girl, 8, injured in Edinburgh 'stabbing'
- 00:05 Junk food advertising ban aims to tackle childhood obesity
- 00:02 Baby boomers 'should work for longer to stay healthy'
- 00:02 Junk food ads targeting children banned in non-broadcast media
- 00:02 Babies missing out on key checks after fall in health visitor numbers
- 00:02 Slaven Bilic confident he can turn things around at West Ham after...
- 23:58 Religious leaders push for Muslim alternative to Peppa Pig
- 23:56 Arsenal should not sign Julian Draxler, says Lothar Matthaus
- 23:53 Rio Ferdinand names Arsenal and Spurs men as best Premier...
- 23:47 Britain softens its Brexit stance—just as the EU hardens its own
- 23:40 Exclusive - Teva investigating allegations by tipster of bribery in...
- 23:40 Asia shares hit one-month peak, bonds bet on ECB support
- 23:39 Dozens killed in west Iraq air strike, MPs and medics say
- 23:35 Wall Street: Dow Jones and S&P 500 hit fresh records
- 23:34 Zinedine Zidane wants to avoid old club Juventus... but Real Madrid...
- 23:32 Ties between Russia and the Taliban worry Afghan, U.S. officials