Aston Villa man: Why I stayed at the club this summer
Aston Villa defender Jordan Amavi has revealed that the club's supporters played a significant part in his reason behind staying at the club this summer.
The left-back, who played in Remi Garde's first game against Manchester City in November before suffering a season-ending injury on international duty, made his return to the claret and blue first-team under Roberto Di Matteo.
Amavi said he owes the fans for the support he received throughout his rehabilitation - and appreciates his very own terrace chant!
Click to play Tap to play The Live Event you are trying to watch is either... read more
- 08:42 Newcastle boss Benitez: It’s hard to attract players to the...
- 08:41 Grantham Hospital support group offers First Aid training
- 08:41 Weather forecast for the East Midlands: Saturday January 21
- 08:41 Tom Hardy is red hot favourite to be next James Bond and reveals...
- 08:40 Driver rescued after lorry crashes on A1
- 08:37 Jose Mourinho admits Luke Shaw is going through a difficult period...
- 08:37 Belford man receives MBE
- 08:37 Don’t lose your vote when you move home
- 08:36 Antonio Conte organises peace meal for Diego Costa and Chelsea...
- 08:36 Do you want to support Help for Heroes?
- 08:35 Businessman ends up in court after thieves steal his shotguns
- 08:34 Verdict on safety of fire ravaged Barrow building due next week
- 08:32 Coatbridge footballer Mark Kerr tells the Albion Rovers players to...
- 08:31 Go-ahead for 16 homes on outskirts of Shrewsbury
- 08:31 Telford poisoner’s wife tells others ‘trust your intincts’
- 08:31 ‘Prime’ Ludlow housing land is up for sale
- 08:31 Tories dub Telford council leader 'Shaun of the Debt'
- 08:31 Shrewsbury police in extra patrols over reports of 'sexual...
- 08:31 £1,200 damage in vandal attack at Shrewsbury Quarry play park
- 08:31 Shrewsbury butcher's shop burglar jailed for a year
- 08:31 Ludlow's twin oaks await decision on chop
- 08:31 Shrewsbury drugs courier avoids being sent to prison
- 08:31 Shropshire hospitals ask nurses to put in extra shifts as demand on...
- 08:31 Oswestry bus routes changed to avoid roadworks
- 08:31 Shinal A464 accident blackspot: Traffic lights to stay longer
- 08:31 NHS bosses apologise to parents over Shrewsbury man's suicide
- 08:30 Horror bus crash in Italy leaves 16 dead after coach carrying...
- 08:28 Fun parties raise big total for school
- 08:26 Where to buy your own tea room in the West Midlands
- 08:25 Up to 16 dead after bus carrying students crashes and bursts into...