Aston Villa look set to appoint Steve Bruce as manager
Aston Villa are reportedly closing in on hiring former Hull City boss Steve Bruce as their new manager to replace the sacked Roberto Di Matteo.
The Villans hope to have the 55-year-old in charge in time for next Saturday’s game against Wolves after narrowing down their list of candidates for the vacant position.
Rumour Mill: our round-up of football gossip, rumours and speculation Di Matteo left Villa Park on Monday after a poor start to the season in the Championship, with Villa understandably eager to go straight back up to the Premier League after their relegation last season.
Bruce has... read more
- 03:26 Oil prices inch down as oversupply concerns fester
- 03:26 Nikkei edges up, high-tech shares jump on earnings
- 03:19 France kills more than 20 militants on Mali, Burkina border
- 03:09 Greater Manchester mayor could change 'insane' bus system
- 02:57 Bob Brodie Trophy: McGonigle passes the 50 goals mark
- 02:49 Macron PLUMMETS in the polls as Marine Le Pen enjoys boost a WEEK...
- 02:49 'We miss him terribly' - Widow's heartbreak after losing Sheffield...
- 02:25 Ian Martin: Five million reasons we need an assembly
- 02:25 Vivienne Francis: Everyone has a role to play in dementia battle
- 02:25 Jayne Dowle: At last there is a chance to do politics differently
- 02:17 Men who tell sexist or homophobic jokes suffer from low self esteem
- 02:17 Social media giants 'shamefully far' from tackling illegal content
- 02:14 North Korea CANNOT be allowed to build better missiles after failed...
- 02:09 Six child actors who retired from showbiz
- 02:08 Twenty-First Century Fox in talks with Blackstone to buy Tribune
- 02:01 Siemens, SAP sign cooperation deals with Saudi Arabia - officials
- 02:01 Asian stocks sluggish after weak U.S. GDP, dollar dips
- 01:50 Rhian Sugden flaunts her ample bust and tiny waist in skimpy...
- 01:50 Sunday errands! Gwen Stefani oozes elegance in ruffled blouse as...
- 01:43 Trump could target 'carried interest' tax loophole: official
- 01:40 Men who tell sexist or homophobic jokes suffer from low self esteem
- 01:39 'Germany's culture must be respected' Angela Merkel's minister...
- 01:38 Men who tell sexist or homophobic jokes suffer from low self esteem
- 01:37 Police in Sheffield uncover haul of class A drugs after raid on...
- 01:34 Reform 'high stakes' primary tests, MPs urge
- 01:29 Manchester United star Ander Herrera looks glum after latest draw...
- 01:23 Tony Blair's legacy 20 years on
- 01:23 Men who tell sexist or homophobic jokes suffer from low self esteem
- 01:23 Brighton star Steve Sidwell poised to win Championship against...
- 01:23 Mauricio Pochettino says Tottenham are heaping pressure on Chelsea...