Aston Villa captain loses out after Birmingham tax scheme worth £48m collapses
The Aston Villa captain has been caught up in the collapse of a tax-friendly investment scheme which raised £48 million to develop a Birmingham hotel.
Tommy Elphick, as well as former Villa striker Luke Moore, was among the backers of the Park Regis hotel development, along with Olympic legend Sir Steve Redgrave and Czech tennis player Tomáš Berdych.
But Park Regis Birmingham LLP, a company set up to redevelop the giant hotel at Five Ways, has collapsed into administration.
Now, some of the investors, which also included golfers Graeme McDowell and Rory McIlroy, are potentially facing a... read more
- 11:04 March retail sales fell 1.2% due to beastly weather
- 11:04 Theresa May will struggle to overturn Brexit defeat on custom union...
- 11:02 New patrol service introduced by Fylde Council for great outdoors
- 11:02 Wigan neighbours scoop £60,000 on postcode lottery
- 11:02 Doncaster communities gear up for Yorkshire cycle fest
- 11:01 New build homes can save Doncaster homeowners £629 per year on...
- 11:01 NHS Tayside crisis: leadership set-up is ‘high risk’
- 11:00 Leader pays tribute after death of Lichfield councillor
- 11:00 Loyal Paul rewarded for two decades of service
- 11:00 SPECIAL REPORT: Cash-strapped Northamptonshire County Council paid...
- 11:00 Have your say on the future of Northamptonshire's children's centre...
- 10:59 Temperatures could reach 28C in parts of UK
- 10:58 Countdown on for big St George’s Day bash in Lytham
- 10:58 A Word In Your Ear - April 19, 2018
- 10:58 Rugby league finally has a national women’s competition to celebrate
- 10:58 The Thing Is with Steve Canavan
- 10:58 How to succeed at work, according to Elon Musk: Billionaire reveals...
- 10:58 Terrifying moment gangster blasts a sawn-off shotgun at a house in...
- 10:58 Liverpool expected XI: Jurgen Klopp to make changes to his 4-3-3 to...
- 10:57 Gwyneth Paltrow swaps engagement ring for band engraved with Brad...
- 10:56 Police appeal after two burglaries in Horncastle area
- 10:56 Coventry City find site for new training ground - but it's still a...
- 10:56 Anger over rail delays lead to calls for clarity as bosses slam...
- 10:56 Grantham car racing club seeks fresh farmland race track
- 10:56 Four SKDC bosses earn more than £100,000
- 10:55 Buchanan calls for repeat of title-winning spirit, and says ‘this...
- 10:55 Ikea's TaskRabbit app back online after data breach
- 10:55 TalkTalk and Vodafone top complaints chart again
- 10:55 Tradesman appeals for £5k of power tools stolen from locked van in...
- 10:54 Eden Project plans for Morecambe dome site