Aston Villa appoint Steve Bruce to replace Roberto Di Matteo
Aston Villa have appointed Steve Bruce as their new manager, the club have confirmed.
The West Midlands side were without a boss since sacking Roberto Di Matteo on October 3.
More: Football Chelsea hits and misses of 2016/17 so far: Diego Costa putting Branislav Ivanovic to shame
Manchester United star offered to Barcelona for January transfer
Exclusive: Arsenal legend Parlour pays tribute to ‘top five in history’ Wenger
But they have now hired the 55-year-old to replace him.
Bruce left Hull City in July after guiding them to the Premier League and it’s believed he will have a similar... read more
- 00:01 The 20 best French recipes: part 1
- 00:01 EU states back call for UK to agree €60bn exit bill before trade talks
- 00:01 'Dinner with the Donald': Nigel Farage joins Trump's table at...
- 00:01 Jeremy Corbyn: give Labour more time to develop appealing policies
- 00:01 Swedish MEP says Boris Johnson's liberation comment crossed 'red line'
- 00:01 EU nationals: have you applied for permanent residency? Share stories
- 00:01 What policies should Jeremy Corbyn's Labour pursue?
- 00:01 Dutch woman with two British children told to leave UK after 24 years
- 01:25 Holy Trinity! Kendall Jenner touches down in Paris dressed like...
- 00:01 Revealed: how US billionaire helped to back Brexit
- 01:25 10 questions we need answering after the return of Broadchurch...
- 00:01 Robert Mercer: the big data billionaire waging war on mainstream media
- 00:01 Corbyn told: take blame for Copeland byelection flop or we face...
- 00:01 Jeremy Corbyn told not to 'pass the buck' after Labour defeat
- 00:01 Lost: test results diagnosing Jeremy Hunt with terminal incompetence
- 00:01 London must remain open to the world
- 00:01 Be fierce, furious, and fight! Join the Raccoons of the Resistance!
- 00:01 Enough navel-gazing. It’s time Labour got back to work
- 00:01 Stoke shows how to destroy Ukip – split the alienated voters and...
- 00:01 The parallels between Scottish nationalism and racism are clear
- 00:01 George Freeman’s dismissal of anxiety is pig-ignorance and must be...
- 00:01 The Guardian view on George W Bush: a welcome return
- 00:01 The Guardian view on disability benefits: head versus heart
- 00:01 The Guardian view on management consultants: the trick is confidence
- 00:01 Article 50 day won't be cut-off date for EU migrants, No 10 suggests
- 00:01 Sir Gerald Kaufman obituary
- 00:01 Peter Hain: hard Brexit puts Northern Ireland peace process at risk
- 00:01 Gerald Kaufman’s stellar PMQs moment
- 00:01 Better election results ahead for the Green party?
- 00:01 EU urged to end cooperation with Sudan after refugees whipped and...