Aston Villa analysis: Force deserts Jedi, Brucey onus, Grealish in spotlight, solid foundations
Brucey onus This is a manager who won’t be wearing out the padding of the dugout seats in a hurry.
The new gaffer had no interest in sitting down on the job.
He was up on his feet, kicking every ball and prowling the technical area.
Plenty of vocals towards the players too, constantly barking instructions and waving his arms like an air traffic controller.
Stephen Clemence was never far behind, sitting a few yards behind and up on his feet to interact with his boss whenever needed.
Bruce is not a chilled out manager or a relaxed gaffer, he wants his team to do exactly what he wants.... read more
- 02:19 New shop opens in Redcar - and it expects to pay customers £250,000...
- 02:19 Disgraced teacher used phone app to help secretly record hours of...
- 02:19 From football coach to headmaster: Laurence Jackson head retires...
- 02:19 Ex-hospital worker who injected himself with stolen drugs has...
- 02:19 'Everything was bouncing off him, including the police': NINE...
- 02:18 Megan Bannister: Friend calls for 'duty to help' law
- 02:09 Ice warning issued for Greater Manchester as region remains in the...
- 02:09 Councils have had to intervene 4,000 times when children were at...
- 02:04 Coronation Street spoilers: Lucy Fallon teases new Bethany Platt...
- 02:04 I’m A Celebrity 2017: Amir Khan hits back as he faces Iain Lee: ‘We...
- 01:53 Championship verdict: Nigel Adkins seems to have got Hull in shape...
- 01:42 The Scots who fought in the battle for Jerusalem
- 01:41 Star Wars: The blockbuster made in Borehamwood
- 01:35 The death (possibly) of monogamy and other relationships
- 01:35 He could have been a contender
- 01:35 Alternatives to the nightmare of a society ravaged by inequality
- 01:35 Defoe brace secures a point for Cherries against Palace
- 01:35 Son shines bright for Spurs in dominant win over Stoke
- 01:35 David’s West Ham slays Goliath as Conte concedes title
- 01:35 The financial aristocrats will eat themselves
- 01:35 The Middle East peace process lies in ruins
- 01:35 ‘This is the 275th day of our hunger strike’
- 01:35 It seems that Brexit doesn’t mean Brexit
- 01:35 Boris leaves Iran without an agreement on jailed Brit
- 01:35 Survivors still let down 6 months on
- 01:35 See the light: Ban nuclear weapons
- 01:33 League Two verdict: Jack Lester is finally turning things around as...
- 01:33 League One verdict: Wimbledon's Darius Charles stumps up £150 to...
- 01:28 I’m A Celebrity 2017: Iain Lee brands Ant and Dec 'b******s' during...
- 01:28 Business leaders urge ministers to 'steady Scotland's economic ship'