Assange internet access 'temporarily restricted' - Ecuador
Ecuador's government has said it has "temporarily restricted" WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange's internet access at its embassy in London.
It came after the whistleblowing site released another batch of emails from the campaign manager of US presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.
Ecuador's foreign ministry said it did not interfere in foreign elections but stood by its decision in 2012 to grant Mr Assange asylum.
Mr Assange, who is wanted for questioning in Sweden over a sex allegation, has been living inside the Ecuador's London-based embassy for more than four years.
Left-wing... read more
- 20:49 Police investigate Barrow Island flat damage
- 20:48 Hard Brexit Tories pressure May over customs union
- 20:48 'I am not a racist,' says lawyer behind racist New York cafe rant
- 20:43 MH370 not deliberately crashed by pilot, say investigators
- 20:33 Four Brits accused of setting fire to their hotel in Spain ‘as...
- 20:32 Man robbed at knifepoint and kicked in head in Leeds
- 20:32 Police release CCTV images of car used by masked burglars in West...
- 20:25 Tesco direct closure puts 500 jobs at risk
- 20:24 Smartphones are fuelling a surge in the number of Brits taking cocaine
- 20:23 'Wicked' fake cop conwoman stole life savings from OAP couple aged...
- 20:21 Central Americans flee homes in record numbers: 'The level of...
- 20:17 Watch: Ross Fountain ready to flow once more as restoration completed
- 20:11 $esc.html($content.name)
- 20:08 South Africa kidnappers make ransom demand in bitcoin
- 20:08 No repeat of data scandal, vows Mark Zuckerberg in Brussels
- 20:06 Active shooter linked to murder fires scores of shots during...
- 20:06 Unai Emery set to only be involved in one Arsenal transfer this summer
- 19:59 Ivan Gazidis has won Arsenal power battle but Arteta was a gamble...
- 19:54 Promising footballer died after falling into river on lads’ holiday
- 19:45 Cristiano Ronaldo discovers Lionel Messi Barcelona transfer secret...
- 19:44 $esc.html($content.name)
- 19:44 Manchester United encouraged in pursuit of Lazio midfielder Sergej...
- 19:44 UK needs big digital upgrade to thrive after Brexit, says Hammond
- 19:43 Donald Trump just used the worst excuse to avoid answering a...
- 19:42 Blame middle class for drug-related violence, says police leader
- 19:37 Halifax Borough Market changes: what do you think?
- 19:36 Scott Fraser leaving Dundee United in hope of ‘playing at the...
- 19:34 Carlisle-born footballer Grant Holt on his temporary switch to...
- 19:32 Venezuelan president expels top US diplomat
- 19:29 Trump-Kim summit: Commemorative coin sparks ridicule