Asos warehouse contracts 'exploitative', says committee chair MP
Contracts used at fashion firm Asos's warehouse are exploitative and need to "be tested in a court", the head of the Commons business committee has said.
MP Iain Wright told the BBC that Parliament should examine "flex" contracts, which allow some shifts to be extended by two hours or reduced.
An employment lawyer said the contracts could breach employment legislation.
XPO Logistics, which runs the warehouse on behalf of Asos, said it was "fully compliant with employment law".
But the company has told workers it is making changes to some of its practices.
Asos... read more
- 14:54 ‘YOU’RE SCANDALOUS’ French MP in astonishing UK attack over...
- 14:54 Sexually assaulted in VR: Female gamer feels 'violated' after being...
- 14:54 Meningitis: 10 warning signs students should look out
- 14:53 The Star reveals mystery locations of new Sheffield street art
- 14:53 Scottish Premiership supersub revealed - which player has made the...
- 14:53 New post office puts Heron at the heart of South Yorkshire community
- 14:53 Man charged with alleged Sheffield burglary
- 14:52 Upmarket steakhouse set to open this week at Northampton's former...
- 14:52 City shamed as bigamy blackspot - after love rat dumped sick wife...
- 14:52 Cookery duo set to open Northampton pub after quarter of a million...
- 14:51 ‘Irritated’ dad denies murder
- 14:51 Liverpool, Tottenham, Manchester United and Manchester City go...
- 14:51 Meningitis: 10 warning signs students should look out
- 14:50 For British bank start-up, Brexit has silver lining - more loans
- 14:50 EU proposes common tax rules to close avoidance loopholes
- 14:50 Michael Gove admits Tory leadership 'mistakes'
- 14:50 Pioneering treatment offers new hope for Sunderland schoolboy Pascal
- 14:50 Euro 2016 and Premier League hat-tricks - What has happened to some...
- 14:49 Two Muslim preachers arrested at Ibizan party haven accused of...
- 14:49 MIGRANT CRISIS: Death toll in Mediterranean surpasses 3,700 this year
- 14:48 TV and film stuntman breaks world record
- 14:48 A day for democracy
- 14:48 Artist’s work helps Lancashire hospice
- 14:47 CCTV catches thieves taking beer from garage
- 14:47 Handbag snatched from car as woman waited at traffic lights
- 14:47 More love than hate? Marmite sales rocket after ‘Brexit’ row
- 14:46 Drunk brandished knife after row in pub
- 14:46 Nissan-Renault says open to partnerships to develop new car...
- 14:46 TV and film stuntman breaks world record
- 14:46 BlackBerry launches its third Android-based phone