Askam man admits taking drugs in a desperate bid to numb pain from leg injury
Daniel Robert Taylor, 28, of Marsh Street, Askam, pleaded guilty to possessing diazepam at Furness Magistrates' Court yesterday.
Mr Lee Dacre, prosecuting, told the court how on August 23 in the early hours of the morning, police searched Taylor's house and recovered two bundles of diazepam blister packs containing a total of 336 tablets.
Taylor then told officers that the drugs were for personal use and that he took the tablets as a form of pain relief after putting his leg through a floorboard.
It is a genuine attempt to reduce the pain that he is suffering from Mr Trystan Roberts,... read more
- 11:19 Cannabis users ‘likely to feel alienated and deceived’
- 11:19 Chilling new Isis video shows terror attack on Washington DC
- 11:19 Liverpool's Loris Karius vows to prove he can be their No 1...
- 11:18 Asylum seeker who 'didn't understand' it was illegal to have sex...
- 11:18 Kempe season opener
- 11:18 Preston brother and sister killed in drowning and shooting tragedies
- 11:18 Edin Dzeko’s agent breaks silence on Chelsea transfer speculation
- 11:16 Kyle McFadzean says Burton Albion's disappointment at home defeats...
- 11:15 Arsenal legend Emmanuel Petit slams Arsene Wenger's Alexis Sanchez...
- 11:15 The five strikers most likely to join Chelsea in January - four...
- 11:15 Terry the terrapin, Ethel the gecko and Gertrude the tarantula...
- 11:14 Man City currently enjoy a 12-point lead over Man United at the top...
- 11:14 Bayern Munich sign Schalke midfielder Leon Goretzka on four-year deal
- 11:14 Police want to speak to this man after a shop was damaged in Hessle
- 11:13 Warm towels from tumble dryer spark bizarre blaze at popular pub
- 11:13 Apple iPhones and Mac computers at rusk from 'text bomb' bug
- 11:13 Northumberland remembers victims of the Holocaust
- 11:13 Warning to Derbyshire business owners after series of thefts
- 11:13 Is there a home in Grantham for a 6ft penguin?
- 11:12 Pakistan Zainab murder: DNA suggests suspect in other case was...
- 11:12 How do you solve Lancashire's £7.7m pothole problem?
- 11:11 Shoppers' spending fell in December as wage squeeze hit pockets and...
- 11:11 Plymouth and Sheffield shamed as car vandalism hotspots: Average UK...
- 11:11 Apple iPhones and Mac computers at risk from 'text bomb' bug
- 11:10 Shoplifters assault member of staff at Northampton supermarket
- 11:10 Why Fast & Furious is going from screen to stage
- 11:10 How do you solve Lancashire's £7.7m pothole problem?
- 11:10 Eamonn Holmes abandons Ruth Langsford as he's REPLACED on This...
- 11:10 Pupils bid farewell to popular dinner lady at Carlisle school
- 11:09 Man Utd in talks with Real Madrid over Gareth Bale deal: Jose...