ASK TONY: Mystery of the lost £80k in shares as Santander blames a 'systems error' for losing retired couple's savings
I'm a financial adviser, whose clients — a retired couple — have suffered extremely poor service from Santander.
In early 2016, the wife held about £160,000 of shares in a Santander unit trust. In order to make use of her husband's unused capital gains tax allowance, she planned to transfer about half of her holding to him.
Santander reduced her holding but failed to complete the transfer, meaning about £80,000 of savings went missing.
I have called weekly since April but Santander refused to correct the mistake immediately. It blamed a systems error and was unable to provide a timescale... read more
- 09:11 The two Yorkshire buildings voted among England's top ten spookiest...
- 09:11 Darren McGarvey: Taking stock of the crisis in masculinity
- 09:11 Girl, 16, taken to hospital after yobs set off fireworks in town...
- 09:11 Extra service for worshippers this Christmas
- 09:09 Chorley Court Listings - Tuesday October 17 2017
- 09:09 'Halifax' constituency axed in revised parliamentary boundary plan
- 09:08 Manchester United must improve one record to win the Premier League...
- 09:07 'Halifax' constituency axed in revised parliamentary boundary plan
- 09:07 Couple caught on CCTV having sex in Domino’s face jail
- 09:07 Couple caught in sex act behind the wheel by speed camera
- 09:06 Horror crash in Small Heath leaves one dead - what witnesses said
- 09:06 M&S launches a wine with half the calories of regular vino
- 09:05 Edinburgh robot could help autistic adults find work
- 09:03 Delivery driver 'punched in chest' during day light robbery on...
- 09:03 Derby County LIVE: Thorne pushing for starting spot, Vydra and...
- 09:03 Why Strictly can't afford to lose BRENDAN, says JANE WARREN
- 09:03 How gymnast Madelaine is going for gold
- 09:01 Star Interview: Barnsley broadcaster Jenni Murray sees history...
- 09:01 EastEnders' Ian Beale is LEAVING the soap 'for good' after over...
- 09:01 Wind speed of 77mph recorded in Sheffield as Storm Ophelia batters...
- 09:01 Carer jailed for raping disabled woman after dressing her in...
- 08:57 Do US dogs have better access to radiotherapy than Nigerian people?
- 08:57 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho wants bumper pay rise to extend Old...
- 08:57 Transfer news LIVE updates: Man Utd pay demand, Chelsea eye...
- 08:56 BBC to shelve Crimewatch after 33 years
- 08:56 UK seaside down gripped by freak tornado looming overhead as Storm...
- 08:56 Is Hurricane Ophelia coming to London?
- 08:55 Power cuts in Preston and Chorley after Storm Ophelia
- 08:55 Asos profits surge as overseas sales boosted by weak pound
- 08:54 Breast cancer warning from man stunned by 'impossible' diagnosis