ASK TONY: Mystery of the lost £80k in shares as Santander blames a 'systems error' for losing retired couple's savings
I'm a financial adviser, whose clients — a retired couple — have suffered extremely poor service from Santander.
In early 2016, the wife held about £160,000 of shares in a Santander unit trust. In order to make use of her husband's unused capital gains tax allowance, she planned to transfer about half of her holding to him.
Santander reduced her holding but failed to complete the transfer, meaning about £80,000 of savings went missing.
I have called weekly since April but Santander refused to correct the mistake immediately. It blamed a systems error and was unable to provide a timescale... read more
- 09:54 Master’s 40 years with the hallmark of quality
- 09:53 Neil Lennon insists he is innocent after bitter bust-up with Morton...
- 09:52 Russell Brand makes his return to live radio after 8 years with...
- 09:52 Charlotte Crosby explains marks on her face during romantic trip to...
- 09:52 Russell Crowe fires back at body shamer Howard Stern and we salute him
- 09:52 Sky Blues at Wembley: All the latest news and build-up as Coventry...
- 09:52 Jose Mourinho eyes Andrea Belotti if Manchester United move for...
- 09:52 Paul Scholes: This is where Man United will finish under Jose Mourinho
- 09:52 Fantasy Football Tips: The best captain options assessed for...
- 09:52 Arsene Wenger admits his Arsenal future is not completely sorted
- 09:52 Latest Chesterfield magistrates’ court results
- 09:51 Youngsters hit the target with James Bond style celebration
- 09:51 Warwick School crowned NatWest Schools Cup champions
- 09:51 Why buying these five everyday items at supermarkets is a bad idea
- 09:51 Former Olympic velodrome re-opens for 125th anniversary
- 09:50 Head to step aside to concentrate on opening new school
- 09:50 Allison’s charity zipline challenge
- 09:50 Festival of wool crafts
- 09:50 Join Oscar in space
- 09:50 Music and banter galore
- 09:50 All recycling sites at Barrow supermarkets and Park Leisure Centre...
- 09:50 People’s History Show tells story of Black Agnes AgnAgnes
- 09:50 Morning misery for A19 and A1 commuters after three separate...
- 09:49 WATCH LIVE 10.30AM THURSDAY: Brexit debate and European...
- 09:49 Mum of baby who drowned in bath says ‘I was stupid’ to leave him...
- 09:49 Easter changes to bin collection
- 09:48 Sheffield flat set alight in arson attack
- 09:48 Virat Kohli: India captain clarifies 'hostile' Australia remark
- 09:48 Next phase of life begins for Warwick’s Old Shire Hall
- 09:48 Santi Cazorla will not play again this season as Arsenal boss...