ASK TONY: Axa won't pay out for the family holiday we couldn't take after my husband found out he had cancer
I booked a family holiday to celebrate my 70th birthday but was forced to cancel it a few weeks later because my husband was diagnosed with incurable stomach cancer.
My insurer, Axa, was very sympathetic and told me I'd be able to claim for the whole trip. I provided evidence and when I phoned I was told everything was fine.
Weeks later, a woman said I could claim only our part of the cost (even though I'd shown I had paid for the whole family). She said my children would have to claim their share from their own insurance.
I have spoken to several people and received conflicting... read more
- 08:02 West Brom set to complete Livermore signing with other deals...
- 08:01 Sunshine and colder conditions
- 08:01 Defender explains Liverpool transfer: This Man United legend was...
- 08:01 Phil Mickelson targets Ryder Cup place after ‘phenomenal’ return...
- 08:00 Special constables to be trained to deal with hare coursers
- 08:00 Soldier who recruits children threatens McDonalds staff
- 08:00 Sunshine and colder conditions
- 08:00 Arsenal legend Lauren tells Arsene Wenger he’s ready to play to...
- 07:59 Man discovers bomb in his garden while digging for an extension
- 07:59 Traffic and travel around Burton and South Derbyshire this morning,...
- 07:58 Police return to hospital over new saline bags scare
- 07:58 Cumbrian bus route facing the axe saved at 11th hour
- 07:58 Sunshine and colder conditions
- 07:57 Cinema listings
- 07:56 The morning news headlines:
- 07:55 Ashley Young ready to quit Manchester United to earn £5...
- 07:54 Tesco recall ready meal over allergy risk
- 07:54 Chelsea defender deal: Star explains why he’s snubbed the Blues
- 07:54 Number of homeowners moving house falls for the first time in five...
- 07:54 Are you a buy-to-let mortgage prisoner? Brokers warn rising number...
- 07:54 Wife pays tribute to her 'gentle giant' war veteran husband
- 07:54 The hottest investment trusts revealed: Contrarian Murray...
- 07:54 New Grimsby Town midfielder Jamey Osborne can't wait for his...
- 07:54 Five rip-offs and financial wrongs that need to end: From ticket...
- 07:54 Grimsby Town boss eyeing TWO more signings in January window
- 07:53 Three-car crash on A19 LIVE: Lane closed near Sunderland causing...
- 07:53 The morning news headlines: Donald Trump vows to unify the US as he...
- 07:53 Sunshine and colder conditions
- 07:51 New coffee shop in Preston is taking shape
- 07:51 Historic Newsome Mill ponds saved from developers