Asia shares slip as US earnings disappoint, dollar gains
Asian shares flirted with three-week lows on Wednesday after a dour start to Wall Street's corporate earnings season knocked U.S. stocks, while the dollar and Treasury yields rose on growing expectations of a U.S. rate hike in December.
The British pound jumped back from lows in a volatile trading session though concerns about a "hard Brexit" are likely to keep the currency under pressure.
MSCI's broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan .MIAPJ0000PUS fell 0.4 percent while Japan's Nikkei futures JNMcm1 slipped 0.7 percent.
On Wall Street, U.S. S&P 500 Index .SPX... read more
- 17:28 Retro: Bettys biggest refurbishment saw opening of cafe shop
- 17:28 Times article comparing Mike Ashley to Kim Jong-un was fair, Ipso...
- 17:27 Chanel lifts the veil on its profits for the first time
- 17:26 Poor quality sleep could increase Alzheimer's risk, research suggests
- 17:26 Ryanair announce flash sale to Europe with flights from £6.99
- 17:25 Modern slavery victim saved from deportation allowed home to Scotland
- 17:25 You can buy the world’s most expensive car if you have a...
- 17:25 Cyclist beats train on 170 mile journey after he couldn’t take bike...
- 17:24 Windrush celebrations ‘bittersweet’ amid deportations scandal
- 17:24 ‘UK’s two-tier immigration system unacceptable,’ claim SNP
- 17:23 Hartlepool United boss Matthew Bates reacts to the signing of...
- 17:23 Lead stolen from Northamptonshire village church amid ongoing...
- 17:22 10,000 trees planted in Nidderdale as part of visionary project
- 17:22 Primark Hull worker says 'unbearable heat' is leaving staff and...
- 17:21 Best summer sales at John Lewis, Next, House of Fraser, Zara and more
- 17:21 Bradford police investigating after man in van 'pulled up near...
- 17:21 10,000 trees planted in Nidderdale as part of visionary project
- 17:21 Aston Martin Racing impresses at Le Mans
- 17:19 Teacher ‘asked boy, 14, to send him photo of his penis “to prove...
- 17:19 Motor home severely damaged by fire
- 17:18 Motor home severely damaged by fire
- 17:18 Vigilante groups pose as 13-year-old girls to snare Cumbrian sex...
- 17:17 England stars Jason Roy and Craig Overton combine to take...
- 17:17 Pie maker designs England-themed treat to support World Cup
- 17:17 Shop selling legal cannabis oil opens in Carlisle
- 17:17 Vigilante groups pose as 13-year-old girls to snare Cumbrian sex...
- 17:16 Small victory for Northants library campaigners
- 17:16 Medieval potions are stirred up for a spell as exhibition is launched
- 17:16 Doncaster man who had 6,000 indecent images and groped teenage girl...
- 17:16 'Barnacled angels': the whales of Stellwagen Bank – a photo essay