Asia FX outlook improves as hesitant Fed chains dollar - poll
The outlook for emerging Asian currencies has brightened somewhat in recent months, as receding expectations of rapid rate hikes in the U.S. restrain the dollar and China's economy shows tentative signs of stabilising, a Reuters poll found.
While the consensus from more than 70 foreign exchange strategists polled over the past week was for most major Asian currencies to depreciate 1-3 percent by this time next year, a few were even expected to make modest gains.
The Chinese yuan, Indian rupee, Thai baht and Indonesian rupiah are all expected to weaken less that previously thought over the... read more
- 14:12 Arsenal FC lie in wait for former Lambs star Habergham
- 14:11 Jose Mourinho wants Casemiro at Manchester United
- 14:11 Pep Guardiola eyed Kylian Mbappe last summer - are Man City set to...
- 14:11 Manchester United legend Eric Cantona reveals his best ever team mate
- 14:10 Discover storybook characters at trail
- 14:10 ‘Radical’ new vision for Lancashire’s public sector
- 14:10 Global stocks near highs, dollar drifts after Fed see hike 'fairly...
- 14:10 Most popular Championship matches: Which teams attracted most TV...
- 14:09 Mercedes boss Toto Wolff: How Lewis Hamilton has reacted to the...
- 14:07 Massive tree smashes sheds and fences in Eyres Monsell
- 14:06 Burglar struggles with homeowner
- 14:06 All aboard the Second City Crossing
- 14:06 New planets that could host alien life discovered with help of...
- 14:05 UCLan team helps to find new planets
- 14:05 Police warn people to ‘stay off roads’ as Storm Doris hits
- 14:05 Numbness and tingling in the hands could be THIS common syndrome -...
- 14:05 UK inflation expectations steady for year ahead, rise further out
- 14:04 Pope suggests 'better to be atheist than hypocritical Catholic'
- 14:04 Warwickshire Police are appealing for information to a burglary
- 14:04 Storm Doris closes Runcorn expressway
- 14:04 Paris protests: Students tear-gassed by police
- 14:04 Shaun Walmsley escape: A nightmare scenario Merseyside Police could...
- 14:04 Inquest of Nigel and Linda Ordinans: Apology
- 14:04 Decision on council tax rise set for next week
- 14:04 District council rubber stamps budget
- 14:02 Mysterious radioactive cloud moves towards UK as plane which...
- 14:01 Police seize nuisance bikes in crackdown on Sheffield estates
- 14:01 Why scientists want us to eat TEN portions of fruit and vegetables...
- 14:01 Heavy delays as two cars crash in Cottingham Road in Hull
- 14:01 Police called as 'scrap' breaks out in Aldi, Beverley Road, Hull