Ashleigh needs dialysis for hours every day after kidneys removed – her parents have made this plea
Ashleigh Taylor, of Coalville, now needs dialysis for 12 hours every day - which she has from 7pm to 7am - following the life-changing operation.
She will be put on the waiting list for a kidney in a couple of months, once she has recovered from the operation which she underwent in September.
The Newbridge High School student had to have the operation after being diagnosed with a rare genetic kidney disease.
Her father Lee had the same illness when he was younger and himself underwent dialysis for a year before undergoing a transplant aged 10.
He has lived with one working kidney since.... read more
- 07:18 Young woman 'left humiliated and in tears' by car salesman
- 07:18 Hull Live: Breaking news, traffic and travel from across East...
- 07:12 Even the capitalists think Trump’s toast
- 07:12 Can Syria be free after Isis?
- 07:12 Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho reveals the secret behind...
- 07:11 Plans for new Carlisle bar and restaurant revealed
- 07:07 How Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump have restarted the war on drugs
- 07:07 What it’s like to go to A&E when you’re having a mental health crisis
- 07:04 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte urged to sign another striker despite...
- 07:03 Venezuela: Caracas stands behind new assembly despite US smears
- 07:03 Syria: Four civilians killed by shells after Assad warning to West
- 07:03 South Africa: SACP steps up ANC war of rhetoric
- 07:02 BBC weather: Carol Kirkwood hugs curves in form-fitting navy jacket...
- 07:00 Response officers armed with tasers deployed to 'man wielding hammer'
- 07:00 Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor: How can I watch it in the UK...
- 06:59 Live: Breaking news from Liverpool and Merseyside Monday August 21
- 06:58 Bid to cut £1m from Kirklees Council's council tax discount bill
- 06:57 Missed targets show Scotland's NHS is barely clinging to life
- 06:55 North Korea warns of ‘uncontrollable nuclear war’ over US exercises...
- 06:55 Neston dental practice given clean bill of health
- 06:53 Value of what North East Lincolnshire Council owns drops by £23m
- 06:53 Hike in car parking charges could leave car parks deserted, survey...
- 06:53 New head taking over the reins of Grimsby school for horses and riders
- 06:53 Melanie Onn calls for misogyny to be become a hate crime amid...
- 06:51 Brendan Rodgers can take Celtic beyond the Champions League group...
- 06:51 Celtic step up hunt for new striker and defender as they prepare to...
- 06:51 Monday Jury: Pedro Caixinha should be worried about his Rangers future
- 06:51 Rangers players are right behind Pedro Caixinha insists skipper Lee...
- 06:51 US and South Korea 'push North Korea closer to WW3' by carrying out...
- 06:51 Rangers need to win their next three matches or it could be time up...