News from Art & Culture
Amy Schumer as Barbie? It seemed too good to be true - and, alas, it was. The comedian and Trainwreck star was attached to appear in the famous toy's live-action debut - but has now pulled out, saying she's just too darn busy. "Sadly, I'm no...
The Harrogate Advertiser Series has teamed up with high street retailers the Edinburgh Woollen Mill and Ponden Home Interiors to offer five lucky readers a £100 voucher to spend in store. To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the following que
CCTV images of two men have been released as police suspect they stole a number of bottles of designer perfume from a store in Knaresborough. Two men were seen entering Boots at the St James Retail Park on March 2, and selected items from the shelves inc
Another housing plan for Amble went on show last week and critics voiced the same concerns – too many homes are being proposed for the town and what about the infrastructure? Details of a scheme for approximately 190 properties on land west of the A1068
Ed Sheeran writes exclusively for BBC News about his trip to Liberia with Comic Relief and why he'll never forget the children he met there - and one young girl in particular. I knew I wanted to get involved in Red Nose Day this year. But then I decided
Love Actually fans will be glued to their TV screens on Friday night as the film's short sequel hits Comic Relief. Red Nose Day Actually will reunite most of the original cast in a short film which will show what has happened to the characters since 2003
A heartbroken dog owner has spoken of her devastation after her puppy was blown into the sea by a strong gust of wind and drowned. Rita Greig, from Amble, has admitted that she and her family are at a loss without their beloved 13-month-old pug Dora, fol
A frustrated commuter feels he is being targeted by someone who has taken an exception to him parking in and around Alnmouth Station for a number of days at a time. Rupert Irving believes his car is being tampered with after discovering that his tyres ha
FAMILY court judges are too overworked to publish rulings leaving the public with a “patchy understanding” of the justice system, academics warned yesterday. Judges in England and Wales are “leaving the public with a patchy understanding of the family ju
WORKERS at the car factory where the Mini is made will stage a second protest today over bosses’ plans to close a final-salary pension scheme. The demonstration comes after talks between general union Unite and the plant’s owners BMW ended in an impasse.
RELIGIOUS leaders and experts described the Westminster terror attack as a “perversion” of Islam yesterday. Cardinal Vincent Nichols, the Catholic Archbishop of Westminster, said every ideology, whether religious or secular, has contained elements of ext
LEADING black Congress members confronted US President Donald Trump yesterday about his divisive campaign rhetoric “that hurts African-Americans.” Six representatives of the Congressional Black Caucus met the president at the White House to deliver a 130
CHILE’S Supreme Court jailed 33 intelligence agents of the Augusto Pinochet dictatorship on Wednesday for the 1987 murder of five communist resistance fighters. In the longest sentences handed down in a human rights case, former National Information Cent
THOUSANDS of mourners lined the streets of Derry yesterday for the funeral of former Northern Ireland deputy first minister and IRA commander Martin McGuinness. The veteran Sinn Fein politician’s beloved Bogside came to a standstill as his remains — the
JEREMY CORBYN’S insistence that we must not allow “fear or the voices of hatred to divide or cow us,” following the deadly events in Westminster, is wise advice. His counsel of unity and letting the police carry out their responsibilities without a choru
- 10:25 Health plan ‘not good enough’ says county council leader
- 10:25 Events galore at Grantham’s Wyndham Park this spring, summer and...
- 10:24 Man impaled through chest in horrific car crash
- 10:24 'Enforcer' for Walton drugs gang boss Steven Kelly loses appeal...
- 10:23 This 11-year-old conductor is set to become the youngest person to...
- 10:23 EMERGING MARKETS-Emerging stocks pause, rouble firms before central...
- 10:23 France's Le Pen, on Russia visit, heads to Kremlin for exhibition
- 10:23 Risky U.S. House healthcare vote to test Trump's negotiating skills
- 10:23 Bridlington shop sells REAL fur clothing for kids
- 10:22 Jose Mourinho in Croatia to complete £35million Ivan Perisic transfer
- 10:21 Astronaut Tim Peake's high praise for Sheffield student who...
- 10:21 Liverpool legend Xabi Alonso makes stunning Arsenal transfer claim
- 10:21 TRAVEL ALERT: Delays at Doncaster Railway Station due to power failure
- 10:21 Road closed after car flips in Chorley
- 10:20 Fan collapses while watching Bette Middler in Hello Dolly! but...
- 10:20 Further arrests in Dewsbury street trouble
- 10:19 Grove-y care home residents rock 40s-themed party
- 10:18 Marco Verratti agent has Chelsea, Man United, Real Madrid and...
- 10:18 Tottenham star Dele Alli hit with three-match club ban by UEFA for...
- 10:17 Are hot and cold balls used to fix Champions League draw? UEFA...
- 10:17 Gambia to set up truth commission to probe Jammeh's rule
- 10:17 Dele Alli hit with three-game ban: Football authorities throw book...
- 10:17 Amir Khan claims Faryal Makhdoom is only intelligent member of his...
- 10:17 Danny Dyer makes final EastEnders appearance as Mick Carter in...
- 10:17 Why British mums are WORSE off when it comes to maternity leave
- 10:17 West Brom demonstrated their biggest quality against Arsenal - but...
- 10:16 WATCH Large branch finally removed from foot of newly restored...
- 10:16 Further arrests in Dewsbury street trouble
- 10:16 Funds for new mountain bike track approved
- 10:16 Reach out to victims of London attacks, urge family of Jo Cox