Arsonist set fire to mobility scooter which spread to sheltered housing
0 Have your say Arsonist, Ross Arden, has been jailed for 18 months after admitting he started a fire which badly damaged a council sheltered housing scheme.
Arden initially set fire to a Motability scooter outside St Botolph’s Court off Lincoln’s High Street completely destroying the machine worth £5,000.
Noel Philo, prosecuting, told Lincoln Crown Court that the fire then spread to entrance of St Botolph’s Court sheltered housing scheme causing £33,000 worth of damage.
The prosecutor said the fire put at risk the elderly residents of the complex some of whom have mobility problems.Earlier... read more
- 13:49 US fourth-quarter growth rate revised up
- 13:49 Court to rule on online luxury resellers
- 13:49 How to find out if you've been unfriended on Facebook
- 13:49 Emergency services prepare for increase in arson attacks
- 13:49 Campaigners seek 'to sell US politicians' browsing data'
- 13:49 How Prince Harry, my mum and I put our Heads Together to talk about...
- 13:49 Berwick Workspace to host workshops for businesses
- 13:48 Boozy driver confused by Worksop roadworks
- 13:48 Rampton patient lashed out at “bullying” nurse
- 13:48 Care home man’s £3K rampage in Mansfield
- 13:47 $esc.html($content.name)
- 13:47 These are the best and worst broadband, TV and phone firms
- 13:47 YOUR SAY: On proposed new public order for Pavilion Gardens
- 13:46 Vile assault on partially blind 80-year-old in Chester lands...
- 13:46 Bookies slash odds of an Easter heatwave in Derby
- 13:46 Stalker plagued woman via Facebook and with over 300 phone calls
- 13:46 Police re-appeal over aggravated burglaries in Gainsborough
- 13:46 Boozy driver confused by Worksop roadworks
- 13:46 Malaysia releases body of Kim Jong Nam to North Korea
- 13:45 Get with the programme! Enterprising grant for Leeds-based agency
- 13:45 Music is key to Rachel’s studies fund
- 13:45 CCTV APPEAL: Assault at McDonalds in Blackpool
- 13:45 Peter Andre suggests medication for anxiety is ‘wiping the problem...
- 13:44 Uncertainty for 20 staff at Barrow construction firm amid reported...
- 13:44 Church cash denied
- 13:44 New village speed signs for Deeping St Nicholas
- 13:44 Bill for grass cutting
- 13:42 Cops target Notts drivers using their mobile phones
- 13:43 Why earthworms are so important
- 13:42 Boozy driver confused by Worksop roadworks