Arsene Wenger has worked wonders at Arsenal and he understands our game but he must NOT get the England job
Waiting for Arsene Wenger in the hope he might be the man with a secret plan to save the England team is a flawed policy.
Wenger has been wonderful for Arsenal and the notion that one of the game’s philosophers might enlighten English football and lead it out of another self-made mess may have a certain appeal.
But it does not offset the fact that appointing another foreigner sends the wrong message.
What does it say if the biggest job is occupied by one of the first Premier League managers to freeze out English footballers and pack his team with signings from overseas?
The FA figurehead... read more
- 04:33 UFC News: McGregor criticised by Roach, Diaz talks, Anderson on UFC...
- 04:30 Chinese president makes first ever visit to Hong Kong
- 04:28 Brazilian army opens fire on ‘invader’ after car rams gates of...
- 04:28 Trump ‘will build the wall’ as designs submitted for the disputed...
- 04:22 Nikkei hovers near 2-year highs as tech shares support
- 04:20 Japan May retail sales rise less than expected, growth trend seen...
- 04:18 Golden reunion for this year’s Cropredy Festival
- 04:04 Global coordination important as world economy changes - China vice...
- 03:51 Reliving sitcom classic
- 03:42 Scots economy in 'precarious' position, experts warn
- 03:42 Stalking victim rejects police apology over stabbing
- 03:38 Venezuela crisis: Attorney general banned from leaving country
- 03:35 Radio 1: Why is the station struggling to find new DJs?
- 03:32 UCI Road World Championships 2019: Yorkshire host towns revealed
- 03:32 'My son was circumcised without my consent'
- 03:32 Theresa May to seek backing of MPs for Queen's Speech
- 03:27 U.S. sets criteria for visa applicants from six Muslim countries - AP
- 03:17 France's Engie says to weather LNG oversupply with long-term deals
- 03:16 Trump holds $10m fundraiser at his hotel
- 03:05 Cantonese v Mandarin: When Hong Kong languages get political
- 03:04 Celebration and protest as China president visits Hong Kong
- 03:04 Ransomware cyber-attacks by ‘Russian hackers’ could spark WORLD WAR...
- 02:56 German police officers dismissed for ‘fighting, urinating and...
- 02:51 Alastair Cook and Nick Browne share record first-wicket partnership...
- 02:51 Linfield 1-0 La Fiorita: Jordan Stewart edges Northern Irish...
- 02:51 Former Hibernian boss Alan Stubbs among the candidates for the...
- 02:51 Birmingham appoint Kevin Bond as assistant manager to Harry Redknapp
- 02:51 Former football coach Barry Bennell, 63, appears in court after...
- 02:51 Pedro Caixinha challenges Rangers to defy huge Europa League odds...
- 02:51 England paceman Stuart Broad steps up bid to be fit for first Test...