Arsene Wenger: Gareth Southgate will find it difficult to ignore Theo Walcott
Arsene Wenger believes it will be difficult for new England caretaker Gareth Southgate to ignore Theo Walcott's rich vein of form after his brace helped Arsenal register their first win of the Champions League campaign.
Walcott bagged two first-half goals as Arsenal ran out 2-0 winners against Basle to take the Gunners joint top with Paris St Germain in Group A.
The 27-year-old took his recent tally to four goals in three games, having scored in wins over Hull and Chelsea.
And on the back of another impressive performance, Arsenal boss Wenger feels that Southgate, who was placed in charge... read more
- 13:02 Is this the cheapest property for auction in the UK?
- 13:02 Chris Evans invites bullied teen to Avengers: Infinity War premiere...
- 13:02 Yellow weather warning for ice in place for Wolverhampton as...
- 13:00 Power cut hits 1,200 properties in Carlisle
- 13:00 Three men admit burglary at Maryport business
- 13:00 14 AMAZING elf ideas to see you through to Christmas
- 13:00 Man who made off with village shop's till admits robbery
- 12:58 North West clubs happy with last-16 ties
- 12:58 Golden Globes 2018 nominations: FULL LIST for movies - see who’s up...
- 12:58 Knifepoint robber in hi-vis vest injured Dewsbury shopkeeper as he...
- 12:58 Human trafficker wanted by police is arrested in West Yorkshire
- 12:58 Fresh snow and ice warning for North East as schools are closed and...
- 12:57 Human trafficker wanted by police is arrested in West Yorkshire
- 12:56 From Tricky Trev to Le God: Birmingham City's top 20 cult heroes...
- 12:56 Steve Cotterill, Sam Gallagher and Co front up: What THAT clip...
- 12:56 Slam Dunk 2018: Good Charlotte announced as co-headliner for...
- 12:56 Hoax 999 call made in Sutton Coldfield during treacherous conditions
- 12:56 Sunderland pupils on the ball with Futsal
- 12:56 Explosion at New York bus terminal, reports bomb squad rush to...
- 12:55 Christmas family fun days out and winter breaks at Flamingo Land
- 12:55 Council lists bin services affected by snow
- 12:55 Oliver, 12, re-opens Fulwood library
- 12:55 14 AMAZING elf ideas to see you through to Christmas
- 12:54 Taxi driver explains why some cabbies are "cherry picking" and...
- 12:54 Explosion at Port Authority station in New York City
- 12:54 Celtic drawn to face Zenit St Petersburg in Europa League last 32...
- 12:53 Snow-covered windscreen gets Harlow driver in trouble
- 12:53 Could Còsagach be Scotland's version of Hygge?
- 12:53 Volunteers help plant 7,000 bulbs ahead of county competition
- 12:53 Yellow weather warning of ice in place for Solihull as temperatures...