Arsene Wenger denies Arsenal on verge of sealing Jonny Evans transfer
Arsene Wenger has insisted Arsenal are not close to signing any players despite reports Jonny Evans is on the verge of a switch to the Emirates.
The West Brom centre-back has been linked with Arsenal since last summer, while Manchester City have also been mooted as suitors.
Reports this week claimed Arsenal were on the brink of sealing a £25million deal for Evans, but Wenger has now rubbished those suggestions.
More: Football Arsene Wenger insists Arsenal were 'unlucky' to lose to Nottingham Forest
Arsene Wenger’s incredible 21-year FA Cup record ended by Nottingham Forest
Arsenal fans rip... read more
- 10:37 Kevin Pietersen on retiring from cricket: 20 overs of fielding...
- 10:44 Money from dormant bank accounts to be used to tackle...
- 10:44 Davis and Barnier hope to agree Brexit transition terms
- 10:44 Let it B as music star hits Millennium Square in Leeds
- 10:44 Roadworks underway in busy area of Carlisle this week
- 10:44 A story in song from Bowland to the Rockies
- 10:44 How the MOT test is changing this year
- 10:44 Water supplies cut off to houses in Southam this morning
- 10:44 Attempted theft from van in Deeping St James
- 10:44 John's real-time WW1 blog: Desperate parents’ action to solve the...
- 10:44 Where are the best cricket clubs in Lancashire?
- 10:44 Better behaviour in chamber as complaints about Wigan councillors fall
- 10:44 When to see Prince Charles in Boston today
- 10:36 'Use cash to tackle town centre litter which attracts rats' WITH VIDEO
- 10:36 ATP Rankings: Roger Federer closer to Rafael Nadal, Juan Martin del...
- 10:36 Tottenham would profit to the tune of £175m if they sold Harry Kane...
- 10:36 Boxing legend Frank Bruno warns Anthony Joshua not to 'get macho...
- 10:36 Early deals you can get in the Amazon Easter sale 2018
- 10:36 West Midlands Fire Service 'misleading public over five minute...
- 10:36 Crash involving two cars and a HGV blocks A595 near Carlisle
- 10:33 Cardinal Keith O'Brien, disgraced Catholic church leader, dies
- 10:32 Transfer news: Arsenal and Manchester United track Benfica ace
- 10:32 Newbiggin takeaway lands a five-star rating
- 10:29 Renewed focus on policing in West Yorkshire
- 10:28 Archbishop of Canterbury to visit Coventry - where he was ordained...
- 10:27 Vladimir Putin secures record win in Russian presidential election
- 10:27 A third of UK Muslims report abuse or crime while studying
- 10:27 Andreas Christensen sought John Terry advice after dip in form at...
- 10:27 Six Nations 2018 verdict: Guardian writers on their highs and lows
- 10:26 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho involved in HUGE training ground bust-up