Arsene Wenger confirms Arsenal will not appeal Granit Xhaka’s red card
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed that the club will not be appealing Granit Xhaka’s recent red card.
The Frenchman has decided against it, despite criticising referee Jon Moss’ decision to give the Switzerland international his marching orders.
Video: Ozil shows leadership by telling team-mates to fight for win Xhaka was sent off after bringing down Modou Barrow with an outstretched leg during the Gunners’ 3-2 victory over Swansea City on Saturday.
‘No [we won’t be appealing],’ said Wenger after the match.
‘Before, in Germany, he had some [red cards] but I don’t think he’s a dirty... read more
- 09:15 Weather warning issued as heavy rain is forecast for Cumbria
- 09:14 Hartlepool council tax rises by 4.9% - find out how much yours will be
- 09:14 Appeal to find relatives of Hartlepool man who has died
- 09:13 U.N. chief urges Burundi parties to participate in peace talks
- 09:13 Big Pink Dress charity champ to walk Sunderland 10k course
- 09:13 Philippine leader's opponents turn historic event into protest march
- 09:13 Homeless charity’s £250,000 boost for new South Shields house
- 09:13 South Tyneside ranked 82 worst in England and Wales for shoplifting
- 09:12 WEATHER: Patchy rain and heavy cloud
- 09:10 Health board snoops punishing staff for being critical of NHS on...
- 09:10 Foodies turn out to Hoghton Farmers’ Market despite bad weather
- 09:10 WARNING - GRAPHIC PICTURES: Derbyshire man suffers horrific burns...
- 09:10 WEATHER: Patchy rain and heavy cloud
- 09:09 BADMINTONscotland ask who will follow Hamilton ace Kirsty Gilmour...
- 09:09 Lanark Amateur Swimming Club take medals and a record from the West...
- 09:09 Hamilton Judo Club youths take nine medals from Kendal Open
- 09:07 Heartbreaking moment dog helps to bury his dead brother after he’s...
- 09:07 ‘Council must be ambitious despite government funding cuts’, says...
- 09:07 Delight as fundraising total in memory of Liam Gough tops £18,500
- 09:06 Rugby league club is soaring with new partnership
- 09:06 Plenty of support for school’s careers fair
- 09:05 Cracking chocolate fundraiser for Coningsby & Tattershall Lions
- 09:05 7 stunning cities you can fly to for less than £100
- 09:05 Fit in 4: The 5-minute Pilates routine that carves your core
- 09:04 Magpie Cafe fish recipe: Hake with garlic and spinach gratin
- 09:03 Fighting for Tony: the Cumbrian fightback starts here
- 09:03 KPMG decides to close down Preston office
- 09:02 Manchester United vs Southampton, EFL Cup final High Court: Which...
- 09:02 WATCH: 10 of the most viewed Storm Doris videos
- 09:01 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...