Arsene Wenger calls England 'paradise' as Arsenal boss flirts with the FA over vacant managerial role
Arsene Wenger insists England is ‘paradise’ for him and his football addiction – and that could be what convinces the 66-year-old to become the next Three Lions boss.
The Frenchman celebrated his 20-year anniversary at Arsenal on Saturday and the Premier League club want to tie Wenger down to a new deal, with his contract expiring at the end of this season.
Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke was in England last weekend to watch his club thrash Chelsea at the Emirates Stadium but has so far seen his manager resist putting pen to paper.
The opportunity to take over the national team this summer is... read more
- 15:43 Branston man accused of neglecting dogs and chickens in his care
- 15:42 Dramatic new pictures shows all that remains of Peckleton bungalow...
- 15:42 Man rescued from water by RNLI near Hartlepool
- 15:41 NHS staff and patients to celebrate ‘Experience of Care Week’
- 15:41 The key moments in Birmingham City's win over Sheffield United...
- 15:40 Prison recruitment drive sparked by safety concerns reaches it target
- 15:40 Big Pedal fortnight set to see thousands of parents and children...
- 15:39 Britons killed in Saudi Arabia crash
- 15:38 The Civic Society column with David Winpenny
- 15:37 Chelsea vs Southampton: Full line ups and team news for FA Cup clash
- 15:36 Stoke 1-1 Burnley: Ashley Barnes equalises for Clarets in second...
- 15:32 Is the mini-heatwave over? What this week's weather has in store
- 15:32 Arsenal 4-1 West Ham: Late goals from Aaron Ramsey and Alexandre...
- 15:32 The Civic Society column with David Winpenny
- 15:31 TV star Paul O'Grady devastated after death of his beloved dog Olga
- 15:29 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:29 NHS staff and patients to celebrate ‘Experience of Care Week’
- 15:29 Thousands of fans pay tribute to Avicii at Coachella following his...
- 15:26 Lesbian mum told baby won’t be legally registered because she is gay
- 15:25 Rafael Nadal beats Kei Nishikori to win the Monte Carlo Masters for...
- 15:25 Courts: Man avoids jail despite attack with rounders bat
- 15:24 Is the mini-heatwave over? What this week's weather has in store
- 15:24 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:22 Can you pass the UK citizenship test? Take this quiz and find out
- 15:22 Funding boost for police operation targeting Calderdale's dangerous...
- 15:22 How much do London Marathon 2018 winners get in prize money?
- 15:21 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:21 Police raid illegal Thai orgy and find ‘sweating middle-aged...
- 15:21 Majority get first choice school
- 15:21 Trump says North Korea nuclear crisis 'long way from conclusion'