Arsenal v Man City: Star man ruled out of clash - no return date set
The Brazilian midfielder has failed to recover from the hamstring strain he picked up against the Gunners in Sunday’s Carabao Cup final win at Wembley.
Premier League leaders City are hopefully the 32-year-old will return to action soon but have confirmed he’ll miss their trip to the Emirates.
A club statement read: “Scans have shown Fernandinho suffered a hamstring strain during the Carabao Cup victory over Arsenal.
“The Brazilian was withdrawn after 52 minutes of City's Wembley win, but thankfully the initial prognosis suggests the problem isn’t serious.
“No timescale has yet been set for... read more
- 13:36 FMQs; Sturgeon slams Trump "red carpet" plans
- 13:35 Views of hearing aid users sought
- 13:35 The £20m gamble: ELDC to borrow cash to stave off funding crisis
- 13:35 UPDATE: 'No serious injuries' following crash on major South...
- 13:34 Ex-Store Twenty One market square shop set for new lease of life -...
- 13:34 Child among the injured as emergency services race to ANOTHER bus...
- 13:34 Live updates as 20 firefighters race to large fire at vehicle...
- 13:34 Charity walkers step out on the Bryson Line
- 13:34 Latest results from the courts
- 13:33 Arsenal transfer news: Lucas Torreira breaks silence over Gunners...
- 13:33 A thief who struck at a shopping centre has been locked-up and...
- 13:33 VIDEO: £5m retail development at the former Vesuvius factory site...
- 13:32 Ambulance crews get police award for work to try and save life of...
- 13:32 Man appears in court over murder of Rolandas Poskus after body...
- 13:32 Man charged with assault following death of Nuneaton man
- 13:31 The story behind Business Secretary's backing for Grimsby's...
- 13:31 VIDEO: £5m retail development at the former Vesuvius factory site...
- 13:31 Watch incredible moment traffic cops box in suspected criminals as...
- 13:31 Fightback dinner celebrates the youngest person in Scotland living...
- 13:31 New divides over oil prices as Opec heads for crunch meeting
- 13:29 Roads now open following serious collision near Northampton
- 13:29 Edinburgh’s Archangels syndicate takes top spot
- 13:29 Man City chief provides major update on Jorginho deal
- 13:29 Culture secretary urges BBC to appoint female Question Time host
- 13:29 Shamed MSP Mark McDonald 'should be suspended from Holyrood'
- 13:28 Mum's airing cupboard death 'devastated family'
- 13:28 Police car collides with bus in Newport, injuring 10
- 13:26 Anger in Cumbria at 'valueless' northern rail slur
- 13:25 Carlisle comes up trumps when it comes to clean air
- 13:25 Anger in Cumbria at 'valueless' northern rail slur