Arsenal star Mesut Ozil pens lucrative deal: He will inherit No.10 shirt - report
The German midfield maestro, whose previous contract with the Gunners ran until 2018, had hit an impasse over an extension in the past couple of months.
Besides Ozil, Alexis Sanchez’s long-term future was also thought to be in doubt.
But according to German paper Bild, the 27-year-old has agreed a new deal.
However, it is unclear as to how long his new deal runs until.
The paper’s journalist, Henning Feint, tweeted: “Mesut [Ozil] gets a new mega contract with Arsenal.
“It states he will now wear the number 10 instead of 11.”
"It will be in all the papers tomorrow (Wednesday).
Jack... read more
- 17:01 Dim thief whose attempts to steal a venetian blind from Northampton...
- 17:01 'I thought we were going to drop out of the sky': Passenger films...
- 17:01 Do you know this Corby man? He’s wanted on prison recall
- 17:01 Passenger plane loses control after landing and skids off the...
- 17:01 Trapped guests in doomed Italian hotel buried under snow had...
- 17:01 Watch how a tractor was destroyed by fire in Beeston
- 17:00 French right-wingers prefer anti-EU Le Pen to Thatcherite Fillon,...
- 17:00 Notts GCSE results up on last year
- 17:00 Port’s folk icon Alan back with latest album
- 17:00 South Derbyshire baby's 3,337-mile journey to America to save his...
- 16:57 Good luck seeing the sights! Shocking images taken from The Shard...
- 16:56 Moorside project backer Toshiba's shares plunge again
- 16:56 Driver arrested after elderly man hit and killed by car in Harborne
- 16:56 Tesco recall ready meal over allergy risk
- 16:55 Pep Guardiola has looked a bad loser at Manchester City, says...
- 16:55 Tesco recall ready meal over allergy risk
- 16:52 Woodhall Spa man faces child porn and attempted child sexual...
- 16:52 Police in Britain want to keep more of the loot they confiscate
- 16:52 Mexico makes new friends at Davos
- 16:51 Donald Trump will be ready from DAY ONE and has a 100 day...
- 16:51 UK builder Barratt says CFO has left with immediate effect
- 16:51 Leicester jobs: Thirteen places hiring right now
- 16:50 Dollar, bond yields up on strong U.S. data; Wall Street slips
- 16:50 U.S. reviewing invitation to Syria talks in Kazakhstan - official
- 16:50 Extra cash for counties to repair potholes in roads
- 16:50 Luke Walker's family 'push for judicial review' after findings of...
- 16:50 Telecoms company Avaya files for bankruptcy
- 16:48 Emmerdale bosses reveal there's going to be another dramatic death...
- 16:48 'I have a Kim Woodburn obsession': CBB fans descend into a meme...
- 16:48 Top of the Klass! Myleene scores yet another fashion hit as she...