Arsenal paid an ‘incredible’ price to sign me this summer, admits Shkodran Mustafi
Shkodran Mustafi admits he tries to ignore the fee Arsenal paid to bring him to the Emirates this summer.
The Gunners shelled out £35million for the German to prise him away from La Liga giants Valencia.
The Germany international, 24, left Everton for a free in 2012 but has matured into a fine centre-back and has impressed during the opening six weeks of his time in north London.
At £35m, Mustafi is one of Wenger’s most expensive signings ever but the defender admits he tries to forget about the ‘incredible’ fee the Gunners paid for him.
‘I wanted Arsenal, everything else I left to be... read more
- 12:56 ‘Salt and ice challenge ‘ can cause burns and scars, pupils warned
- 12:56 Severe PMS has been linked to a parasite carried by cats
- 12:56 Hartlepool youngsters get inspired during science week
- 12:56 Ladies’ rugby is taking off in Hartlepool
- 12:55 Noughties R&B queen Ashanti cancels Rock City gig just four days...
- 12:55 More than 1,000 jobs planned for regeneration of Thoresby Colliery
- 12:55 Police looking to identify two teenagers suspected of arson
- 12:55 Nintendo Classic NES games: Has a big new secret been discovered?
- 12:54 Five things we learned from the Trainspotting 2 world premiere
- 12:54 Former Arsenal and Tottenham star Sol Campbell: Hopefully Chelsea...
- 12:54 Which Premier League team has scored the most late goals this season?
- 12:54 Watch the ‘punch’ that could land this Premier League player a...
- 12:54 Guillem Balague provides major Antoine Griezmann update: Man United...
- 12:54 The Big Bang Theory’s Jim Parsons has some advice for the Sheldon...
- 12:54 Chelsea trio visit Hull star Ryan Mason in hospital after he...
- 12:54 Derby expert says 'hard Brexit' will mean more firms going bust
- 12:53 Futures fall on Trump's protectionist address
- 12:53 Market Rasen and Louth RFC whitewash Old Scouts
- 12:53 Rape ruling footballer David Robertson retires from the sport
- 12:52 Boozed-up man is ordered to pay £613 after abusing police officer
- 12:52 Pound eyes $1.25 as traders bet British government to lose Brexit case
- 12:51 Did you see schoolboy, 14, being hit in the face in Stafford?
- 12:51 Rafael Nadal battles past Gael Monfils to set up Australian Open...
- 12:51 Crash on Bay Gateway junction
- 12:50 Pound hits one-month HIGH against dollar investors 'lose patience'...
- 12:50 How happy are people in your part of Derbyshire?
- 12:50 Shkodran Mustafi: Why I knew Arsenal would score a late winner...
- 12:49 See how many people were caught driving and using a mobile phone in...
- 12:49 Oak helps HAPPA celebrate 80th anniversary
- 12:49 Body in the canal may be from Burnley