Arsenal news: Danny Welbeck slammed for ‘desperate’ moment vs BATE - ‘He got very lucky’
That is the view of BT Sport pundit and former Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas.
Walcott captained Arsenal tonight and doubled their lead with a close-range effort on 37 minutes.
The winger made a great run but Welbeck failed to spot him and instead chose to take on the defender himself.
The ball bobbled off the BATE man into the path of Walcott.
And Jenas reckons Welbeck took the wrong decision but admits it was probably because he was desperate to score himself.
“There’s two things I really like about this goal,” Jenas said.
“First (Olivier) Giroud, tracking back, winning the ball. And... read more
- 20:13 Mark Zuckerberg admits Facebook made mistakes after data...
- 20:13 Manchester United prepare £40m bid for Raphael Varane to solve...
- 20:10 How do companies use my loyalty card data?
- 20:10 Liverpool star Emre Can explains Bayern Munich transfer decision...
- 20:10 Shoreham air crash: Pilot Andy Hill to be charged over deaths
- 20:09 Burton man in a critical condition after A38 crash near Fradley
- 20:05 Prepare for more extreme weather: Storms like the 'Beast from the...
- 20:05 Thought deleting your Facebook was enough? Firm and its advertisers...
- 20:02 Bargain Booze owner Conviviality must raise £125m to halt bankruptcy
- 19:58 Council gets tough on Priory Square
- 19:55 Liverpool legend Phil Thompson makes ‘pushover’ claim about Mohamed...
- 19:54 Memorial to victims of London terror attacks on anniversary
- 19:54 May told to fix fishing plans or rebels will sink Brexit deal
- 19:53 Son of former Coventry City star opens up about his grief following...
- 19:53 'Dead certs' - Experts covering Coventry City's promotion rivals...
- 19:52 Genetic profiling could breed cattle resistant to tuberculosis
- 19:51 Boris likens Russia World Cup to Hitler's Berlin Olympics
- 19:49 Long haul operator to land at Doncaster Sheffield Airport
- 19:48 'We made mistakes' - Facebook's Zuckerberg
- 19:46 Scammers target Cumbria homeowners
- 19:44 Scammers target Cumbria homeowners
- 19:42 Indoor bouldering wall to open in Ellesmere Port this summer
- 19:39 Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City prepare transfer battle for Real...
- 19:39 Paul Pogba next club odds: La Liga, Serie A sides among favourites...
- 19:36 Lack of US election auditing raises fears of Russian vote meddling...
- 19:36 EU leaders accused of not protecting citizens’ rights in Brexit deal
- 19:33 Scottish nurses have had to donate sanitary products to patients
- 19:33 Dundee council’s failures ‘allowed’ worker to embezzle £1 million
- 19:33 The Steve Bruce transfers - every Aston Villa transfer deal rated...
- 19:33 'Give him the job!' Birmingham City fans are all saying the same...