Arsenal failed in Gonzalo Higuain transfer swoop, says Napoli chief Aurelio De Laurentiis
Arsenal were outbid by Juventus late on in the summer transfer window as they made an attempt to sign Gonzalo Higuain, according to Napoli chairman Aurelio De Laurentiis.
The Gunners were among a number of top clubs linked with the prolific Argentine throughout the summer, with De Laurentiis also naming Atletico Madrid as among those to directly approach him over the player.
MORE: Why Arsenal must break the bank to retain Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez
MORE: Premier League Power Rankings: Laurent Koscielny and 'madman' Diego Costa fight it out
Higuain ended up making the move to Juve in... read more
- 19:43 Frustrated man chopped off his genitals with a kitchen knife...
- 19:43 Cockroach removed from woman’s ear after crawling in when she...
- 19:41 Investigation urges coalition apology for Yemen hospital attack
- 19:40 Celtic hero Chris Sutton: This player is a problem for Manchester City
- 19:38 Rio Ferdinand: Alexis Sanchez is Arsenal’s talisman
- 19:37 John Prescott visits Sleaford as by-election battle hots up
- 19:36 A180 reopens for a second time after multi-vehicle crash
- 19:36 Iker Casillas calls for Porto to be calm against Leicester City as...
- 19:35 Hairdresser among UK’s best
- 19:35 Family set for first Christmas as millionaires - but they won't be...
- 19:33 Six of the best: most memorable matches of Nigel Clough's second...
- 19:32 ‘We don’t condone drug use - but let us test if yours are safe’
- 19:31 Toons Furnishers director John Toon feared horror smash on road he...
- 19:29 Matt Le Tissier 'given naked massage' by coach Bob Higgins
- 19:28 Swedish security guards brutally attacked by vicious gang on...
- 19:26 Recap: A180 reopens for a second time after a day of chaos
- 19:24 Body of neglected pony dumped on Lincolnshire farmland
- 19:22 Death crash inquest opened
- 19:20 ‘Man in the hat’ Brussels bombing suspect ‘plotted attack on...
- 19:19 Cuba, U.S. to discuss detente in wake of Trump election
- 19:19 Violence erupts in Athens on anniversary of student killing by police
- 19:17 Hammer used to break into cash box at charity fundraiser
- 19:17 Everything you need to know about Preston's late night Christmas...
- 19:16 Two men accused of rape 'shared photos of victim on WhatsApp'
- 19:16 Norway's Schibsted to hire more staff to stave off Facebook in...
- 19:16 Who is Phil Foden? Pep Guardiola names Manchester City youngster in...
- 19:14 Bad news, music fans – Samsung is killing off the headphone jack, too
- 19:13 Brazil Senate defies Supreme Court move to dismiss its head
- 19:12 Thunderbirds showcase their skills at the Ricoh
- 19:11 Jobs: Latest vacancies from Grantham Jobcentre