Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis to pocket £1million bonus despite another trophy-less season
Arsenal have rewarded chief executive Ivan Gazidis with a whopping annual bonus in excess of £1million, despite another trophyless season and a scant improvement in the club’s commercial revenues.
Gazidis was appointed to the post of chief executive in 2008 and has helped transform Arsenal into one of the most successful brands in world football, but success off the field has rarely been mirrored on the pitch.
Indeed, the club has won only two trophies since Gazidis, whose annual salary is bettered in the Premier League only by his Manchester United counterpart Ed Woodward, was hired.
In... read more
- 10:02 College donates Easter eggs to HOPE
- 10:02 PS Plus April 2017 COUNTDOWN: When to expect FULL PlayStation Plus...
- 10:02 Chris Evans SPEAKS OUT on continuing as Captain America after...
- 10:01 Egypt's former leader Mubarak walks free for first time in six...
- 10:01 Boys, 12, suffer horrific facial burns after ‘mucking about’ with...
- 10:01 Infertile Scottish couples to get three chances of free IVF
- 10:00 Amy Schumer 'bummed' over Barbie film departure
- 10:00 Inquest opens into tragic dad Ryan, 24
- 10:00 Deutsche Bank commits to new London office
- 09:59 From Carpool Karaoke to Mrs Brown’s Boys, here’s what you can see...
- 09:59 Llansannan man cleared of raping two women
- 09:58 Police carry out speed checks
- 09:58 Liverpool hijack Chelsea's move for £50m Premier League star
- 09:57 Lewis Hamilton's team-mate Valtteri Bottas will leave Mercedes -...
- 09:57 Fire under Warwick canal bridge
- 09:57 Warwick baker to work on Queen’s wedding cake replica
- 09:56 Lincoln's Muslims condemn 'cowardly' terrorist attack in London
- 09:55 What time is Tom Hardy on CBeebies Bedtime Stories on Mother's Day?
- 09:55 UKIP Leader Paul Nuttall defends comparing Islam to cancer: ‘I’ll...
- 09:55 French Defence Minister sees Raqqa battle starting in coming days
- 09:54 ‘Nationalism is like alcohol - you'll wake up with a hanger' EU...
- 09:54 Westminster attacks: £418k raised for Keith Palmer family
- 09:53 Co-op Bank sale plan attracts suitors
- 09:53 RUMOURS: Manchester United close in on £100m deal for
- 09:53 Exclusive: HSBC to boost China staff by up to 1,000 in 2017, mostly...
- 09:52 Visitors to cemetery will receive daffodils on Mother’s Day to...
- 09:52 Police seize 2,700 items, contact 3,500 witnesses and make two more...
- 09:52 Best Foot Forward: Ripponden, Rishworth and Ryburn
- 09:52 Two taken to hospital after two accidents involving cars & bicycle
- 09:51 This mum accidentally sent her kid to school with vodka for lunch...