Arsenal 2 - Basle 0: Theo Walcott shines as Gunners claim routine Champions League win
England winger Walcott took his first two chances to make it four goals from three games and ensure a routine Champions League night for the Gunners.
Alexis Sanchez - playing once again as the lone striker - set up both efforts to put Arsene Wenger’s men in control by half time.
Arsenal could have been five or six up even before the break had it not been for an inspired Tomas Vaclik in the Basle goal and a glut of meek finishing from the hosts.
But they controlled the game from start to finish and never was the win in doubt once Walcott headed in his opener after just seven minutes.
The... read more
- 13:24 Pokemon Go ENDLESS EVENTS and TRADING: Why Niantic's shiny update...
- 13:24 Sukie’s party shop boss to retire as business relocates to retail...
- 13:23 Red Nose Day fun in Lancashire
- 13:23 The unusual reason why Emma Willis decided to have a third child
- 13:23 Wolves boss Paul Lambert on the future of Helder Costa
- 13:23 These laws are set to come into effect this April - all you need to...
- 13:22 Cat stays warm in a jumper and onesie after almost drowning in a flood
- 13:22 Drone footage beautifully captures Blade leaving Hull city centre
- 13:22 14 films to look forward to in 2017
- 13:21 Springtime sunshine bathes Cumbria - share your scenes
- 13:20 Bringing ‘the big room’ into use
- 13:19 Scousers wanted - get paid just to speak in a Liverpool accent
- 13:19 Pooper snoopers to professional beggars: council's creative...
- 13:19 Trio jailed for more than 40 years after string of armed robberies...
- 13:18 We were right! Caravanners thrown off Northumberland site finally...
- 13:18 Vera at the Farne Islands: What did the real rangers think of last...
- 13:18 How Tyneside was shocked by a deadly rail crash 110 years ago
- 13:18 It may be running out of steam, but could this historic railway...
- 13:18 So the clocks go forward this weekend - but could it be robbing you...
- 13:17 Police pledge to look into Queen Street ‘breach’
- 13:17 Hartlepool in top 10 nationwide for food hygiene standards
- 13:16 Comic Relief slammed for pre-watershed swearing and technical problems
- 13:16 Blind puppy Bea saved after being rejected by breeder
- 13:16 TV presenter Charlie Webster 'aware of a lot' during coma
- 13:16 Ukip's only MP Douglas Carswell quitting party to become independent
- 13:16 Seamus Coleman Injury: Wales legend John Hartson on Everton star’s...
- 13:15 Clough: Tom Flanagan's Burton Albion form stands him in good stead...
- 13:15 Joe Allen admits Wales will miss suspended Gareth Bale in Serbia...
- 13:15 Seamus Coleman's leg break is a bitter blow for Everton and Ronald...
- 13:13 14 films to look forward to in 2017