Arrest made after "children given contaminated food"
Police have tonight confirmed an arrest had been made after an incident in Grimsby "in which an adult was giving contaminated food to children."
The Tweet from Immingham and Wolds police team followed a number of other posts on social media today suggesting that children had been hospitalised after accepting cookies from a woman outside a local school.
These specific claims have not been confirmed by the police or the school, although a number of schools in the area are, coincidentally, currently teaching their pupils about Stranger Danger and texts and letters have been sent to... read more
- 07:58 Bruno Martins Indi keen on extending stay at Stoke
- 07:58 Man Utd fans - have you seen the state of Zorya's pitch ahead of...
- 07:56 Ban for owner of ex-racehorse so thin 'every bone in his body'...
- 07:56 Model cars worth £110,000 to go under the hammer in Dudley
- 07:56 Work to start on £2 million Staffordshire flood defences
- 07:56 Elderly South Derbyshire man scammed out of money and valuables
- 07:56 Greeks strike against austerity before budget vote, bailout review
- 07:56 Aleppo displaced hide out in last rebel districts as army closes in
- 07:56 Principal uses redundancy money to fund unique new school
- 07:55 Medals galore for Stratford rowers
- 07:55 Far right Swiss People's Party rules out demanding referendum on...
- 07:53 Watch out for Santa’s sleigh
- 07:53 In the courts of Lincolnshire...
- 07:52 M1 crash near A52 Brian Clough Way causes traffic problems
- 07:51 Grimsby Town winger Ashley Chambers talks about his comeback from...
- 07:51 Grimsby Town vs Portsmouth MATCH PREVIEW: Ashley Chambers desperate...
- 07:50 Santa body shames nine-year-old boy
- 07:50 Arsenal legend: Arsene Wenger had the chance to sign this superstar...
- 07:50 Transfer News: Arsenal’s Cazorla replacement, Chelsea eye £38m bid,...
- 07:50 Russia says close to reaching understanding on Aleppo with U.S. - Ifax
- 07:48 Former Caralot partner Jamie Caple apologises after Spondon firm...
- 07:47 New average speed cameras on a Lincolnshire road catch 190 speeding...
- 07:47 Driver in disbelief over parking ticket for being 10 SECONDS late
- 07:47 Why are the swans disappearing from Brayford Pool in Lincoln?
- 07:47 New home for flood-hit centre
- 07:47 Barton under Needwood became a different place the day Arnold...
- 07:46 Gay priest loses appeal in discrimination claim against Church
- 07:45 M1 reopens after 17-hour closure due to lorry crash
- 07:45 Leicestershire weather: Cloudy with rain to start, clearing later.
- 07:45 Scunthorpe firm sees surge in sales after receiving cash boost