Arnold Palmer honoured by having his 1975 Ryder Cup bag standing tall on first tee
Palmer passed away last Sunday aged 87 and cremated on Thursday, and with his ashes scattered from a private jet over his beloved Latrobe golf course in Pennsylvania.
There was just two clubs in Palmer’s bag and with many on the first tee, including European Ryder Cup vice-captain Ian Poulter grabbing the chance to have his photo taken beside the bag.
Poulter later tweeted: #Respect Mr Arnold Palmer USA Captain Davis Love 111 said Palmer’s memory had helped galvanised the team in their meeting last night.
“There were a lot of emotions,” said Love ahead of competition commencing at 7.30am... read more
- 13:46 Woman punched and kicked a man in pub after he allegedly provoked her
- 13:44 Barack Obama and wife Michelle share gushing messages on her birthday
- 13:44 Sheffield businessman charged over death of baby
- 13:44 Gazing across the Angus coastline
- 13:43 Sheffield businessman charged over death of baby
- 13:43 Elderly woman involved in Scarborough collision
- 13:43 Leeds pay-per-click company Circus makes charitable offer
- 13:43 Staff at Leeds-based NHS Digital hoping for IT awards success
- 13:42 BREAKING NEWS: Bomb disposal squad called to Northamptonshire...
- 13:42 Francis Ngannou was homeless four years ago and working in a sand...
- 13:39 Cumbria charity set for expansion to cope with continued demand
- 13:39 CODE RED STORM: Netherlands battered by 90mph winds leaving three dead
- 13:39 Park Hill golf club closes suddenly - all staff made redundant,...
- 13:39 Padiham's new-look gym officially opened
- 13:37 Alexis Sanchez to Man Utd deal held up by final stumbling block as...
- 13:37 Water supply reconnected at Nottingham station after fire
- 13:36 These are the top 10 Volkwagen GTI models of all time
- 13:35 Movies and TRAILER: Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep on The Post
- 13:35 WATCH: All your Preston North End questions answered in our Q&A
- 13:35 H&M hires a diversity leader following the whole ‘racist’ monkey...
- 13:34 Jack Rodwell exit would lift Sunderland fans’ perpetual Blue Mondays
- 13:34 Leeds news: Samuel Saiz donates £25,000 as club reach Toby Nye...
- 13:34 Alexis Sanchez to Man Utd: Arsenal star SAVAGED by legend ahead of...
- 13:34 Alexis Sanchez on brink of Man Utd move as shop prints No 7 shirts
- 13:34 What to do with your old £1 coins so you don't end up out of pocket
- 13:34 Seven million cars generate the same greenhouse gases as our...
- 13:34 Barnstorming laughs promised from rising comedy stars
- 13:34 From Nashville to Venice - enjoy musical contrasts
- 13:34 Masked thugs wielding crowbars attempt to rob cash-in-transit guard
- 13:32 Dylan Farrow claims Woody Allen sexual abuse claims are 'credible'