Army sorry for 'racist' tweet
The Army has apologised after an image it had tweeted of a soldier in the jungle sparked accusations of racism.
The tweet, posted shortly after 10:00 on Wednesday, has since been deleted.
Some social media users thought the image was racist.
Others were incredulous that the tweet could have been posted at all.
An army spokesman said: "The content of the tweet shows a picture of a soldier wearing camouflage and concealment measures, standard for jungle training in Belize.
"We can see how the tweet may have been misinterpreted, have immediately removed it and apologised for any... read more
- 10:08 Kenilworth MP praises 'dignity' of family after medical cannabis...
- 10:08 Embattled tool hire group HSS secures refinancing package as it...
- 10:07 Eyemouth lifeboat crew rescue labradoodle
- 10:07 'Exceptional' ancient ring collection to be auctioned
- 10:07 Boys 13 and 15 held over triple Liverpool stabbing
- 10:07 'Knife held to baby's throat' in Coventry robbery
- 10:07 New parents are averaging less than five hours sleep a night
- 10:05 Top class turnaround for primary school's inspection
- 10:05 Man arrested in Bury New Road, Prestwich, after gun fired at...
- 10:05 Mystery still surrounds identity of Barnsley murder victim
- 10:04 Hull man's fury as 'speeding' bus forces his van off the road
- 10:03 Upskirting ban ‘will also apply to kilts’
- 10:03 Fact check: the truth about the US economy
- 10:02 Young people 'see cannabis as safer than alcohol'
- 10:01 Burton MP Andrew Griffiths calls for changes after his pregnant...
- 10:01 Cumbria police become first UK force to use new technology for...
- 10:00 Sale of Northants County Council’s former HQ put on hold
- 09:59 Former Lancashire private school teacher jailed for making sick...
- 09:58 Chelsea next manager: Maurizio Sarri confirmed as Antonio Conte...
- 09:58 Brexit: May faces 'meaningful vote' crunch day - Politics live
- 09:58 Jorginho to Man City: Agent talks held today as Chelsea eye £47m...
- 09:57 How might Chester FC's £1million donation from Stuart Murphy be...
- 09:55 Ulverston chef to compete on BBC's Great British Menu
- 09:54 Can health services work together? - 'Teamwork' bid for struggling...
- 09:54 Cumbria police become first UK force to use new technology for...
- 09:54 Learn all about military life at annual Armed Forces event
- 09:53 Four youths on ONE scooter caught on dashcam riding through Grimsby...
- 09:52 Man Utd news: David de Gea deserves scrutiny for Cristiano Ronaldo...
- 09:52 Sale of Northants County Council’s former HQ put on hold
- 09:51 Jake Buxton signs new Burton Albion contract to stay with the club