Arian Saqid Tofiq's death at Arcadian Centre 'should be re-examined'
A coroner has urged West Midlands Police to reopen a case where a man died four years after being punched at a Birmingham bar.
Mr Zafar Siddique, Black Country Coroner, urged police to reopen the case into the death of Arian Saqid Tofiq.
Mr Tofiq, originally from Iraq, had been on a night out with friends in February 2012 when he was attacked in The Arca Bar in Birmingham’s Arcadian Centre.
Paramedics checked him out on the night and he returned home but was then admitted to City Hospital after he felt light-headed and collapsed.
He was later transferred to Queen Elizabeth Hospital and then... read more
- 08:27 Plan for continental-style outdoor seating at tapas and cocktail bar
- 08:27 Social worker sacked and suspended after assault
- 08:27 Bill Jamieson: End of an era for UK income funds
- 08:26 Former mining community honoured with new Ray Lonsdale statue
- 08:26 Drivers warned to beware on icy North East roads
- 08:26 New study reveals lack of awareness from parents at spotting...
- 08:26 Pupils ‘must be taught British values’ claims Westminster review
- 08:25 Missing teenage girl has not been seen for almost a week
- 08:23 North East workers most optimistic about careers after Brexit,...
- 08:22 HK stocks hit 2-wk low on Italian "no" vote, muted response to...
- 08:21 BMW workers remotely lock stolen car – with the thief still inside it
- 08:20 North East workers most optimistic about careers after Brexit,...
- 08:20 Bells will be ringing out for Christmas...
- 08:20 WATCH: Sneak preview of Last Tango in Halifax Christmas special
- 08:19 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp insists his side do not have an...
- 08:18 Penarth neighbours create 'living' advent calendar
- 08:18 Barrow 'superstar' brothers up for festive prize in Christmas Star...
- 08:18 Storm Desmond - what happened
- 08:18 Early Christmas present for Barrow teenage girl with cerebral palsy...
- 08:18 Pledge to stop elderly patients leaving Barrow hospital in the dark
- 08:18 Choking Ulverston barman made to wait 50 minutes for an ambulance
- 08:17 RBS settles three claims over 2008 fund raising
- 08:16 Drivers warned to beware on icy North East roads
- 08:15 McDonald’s worker installed spy camera in the women’s toilets
- 08:15 British tour company worker stabbed to death in Finland
- 08:15 Fiver campaigner seeks bank of England meeting
- 08:14 UK health firm Cambian to sell adult services unit for 377 mln stg
- 08:13 Lancaster antiques centre expands after popular furniture dealer...
- 08:13 Alexis Sanchez is now convinced his best position is as a striker,...
- 08:13 Proposed boundary changes divide local Labour parties