Argos creates more than 10,000 Christmas jobs
0 Have your say High street retailer Argos is to recruit more than 10,000 seasonal staff to work in its stores over the busy Christmas period.
Customer advisers and stock assistants are among the jobs being offered at the firm’s 840 stores, as well as drivers for its distribution service.
Initial contracts for all vacancies are around three to four months, with the potential for some roles to become permanent at the end of the season.
Recruits will be offered a minimum of 10 hours a week and six hours at weekends.
- 09:50 Lamar Odom doesn’t want to get back together with Khloe Kardashian...
- 09:50 Your JOB could increasing cancer risk: Working THESE hours could...
- 09:49 Euro, bond yields drive higher on ECB scale-back bets
- 09:49 Flights affected by Edinburgh Airport power cut
- 09:49 Euro zone household lending at fresh post-crisis high - ECB
- 09:49 IMF downgrades US growth as officials claim Donald Trump’s plan for...
- 09:49 POUND LIVE: Pound sinks as Bank of England deputy says NOT the time...
- 09:48 Sponsor announced for newest South Yorkshire school
- 09:47 Worksop school celebrates ‘outstanding’ Ofsted report
- 09:47 Paris Saint-Germain target Kylian Mbappe and Fabinho as part of...
- 09:47 Ivan Perisic to reject Inter contract offer to force through...
- 09:47 Another car stolen after Kenilworth burglary
- 09:47 See how the Romans lived during Ribchester’s re-enactment weekend
- 09:47 Nearly 50 homes in Warwick without power
- 09:46 Motion to withdraw and review Northumberland’s key planning document
- 09:46 The hanging gardens of Liverpool - here's what four new city centre...
- 09:45 Tube map app helps Londoners meet friends in the middle
- 09:45 Faecal bacteria discovered in drinks at Costa, Caffe Nero and...
- 09:44 Confident size 16 model Ashley Graham begs Victoria’s Secret to...
- 09:44 Masterplan to target deprived council estate
- 09:43 Man sent to crown court after punching his ex-girlfriend
- 09:43 Preston getting on with life amid Grayson speculation
- 09:43 Barnsley house boarded up in crackdown on anti-social behaviour
- 09:43 What were the best TV shows of the 1980s?
- 09:42 Scotland missing out ‘big style’ on decommissioning jobs, warns...
- 09:42 NHS Tayside jobs fears after damning finance report calls for...
- 09:42 Birmingham terror arrest as police swoop on behalf of Spain
- 09:42 Hillsborough charging decisions to be announced: Live updates
- 09:42 Six 'with links to Islamic State' arrested in raids across Europe
- 09:41 Yoga instructor helping residents find their inner calm