Argentine club Liniers told to fix their wildly wonky pitch or face having their ground shut down
EVERYBODY in Scottish football knows about Hibs ’ famous Easter Road slope and the run on the Fir Park surface but these two have nothing on Argentine side Liniers’ crazy pitch.
The Buenos Aires side - who play in the fifth tier of the Argentinian set-up - have being given a deadline of December 15 by the Argentine Football Association to fix their trapezoid-shaped playing field or risk its permanent closure.
The pitch, at the aptly-named 5000 seater stadium “The Bulldozer”, was recently measured by the AFA, where they found it to have a SIX METRE difference between the 54m goal line at one... read more
- 04:15 Coronation Street: Viewers spot unbelievable cooking GAFFE as...
- 04:11 Necrotizing fasciitis cure? Century-old mystery of flesh-eating...
- 03:41 America’s Got Talent: Ventriloquist Darci Lynne Farmer voices two...
- 03:37 Game of Thrones spin-off: George RR Martin CONFIRMS a FIFTH prequel...
- 03:34 Sri Lankan baby farms: Minister admits illegal adoption trade
- 03:31 Brexit 'crunch time' for City of London, says group
- 03:31 Google signs $1.1bn HTC smartphone deal
- 03:22 Theresa May to brief cabinet on Florence Brexit speech
- 02:55 BREAKING: Huge 5.7 magnitude earthquake strikes off Indonesia coast
- 02:17 House of Lords rejects 'flawed' expenses report
- 01:59 PGA Tour: Marc Leishman taking inspiration from Greg Norman after...
- 01:44 Boy, 17, arrested over Tube attack
- 01:38 Still Game's Isa on life as a 'sandwich carer'
- 01:38 'Dwarfism always seems to be the butt of jokes'
- 01:38 Baby names: The stories behind what you are called
- 01:33 How companies' poor customer service has led to boycotts
- 01:32 England and Australia both have weaknesses ahead of the Ashes, says...
- 01:12 Paul Lawrie relives 1999 Carnoustie Open win with original putter...
- 01:09 James Herbert death: Watchdog makes police restraint recommendations
- 00:58 Ronaldinho scores incredible solo goal as Brazilian legend...
- 00:58 Chronic fatigue therapy 'could help teenagers', study says
- 00:58 Nine in 10 GPs rated good or outstanding
- 00:58 Quit smoking campaign Stoptober backs e-cigs for first time
- 00:56 Celtic savour a Dens Park stroll but former Hoops striker Craig...
- 00:51 Giselle by Akram Khan is STAGGERINGLY beautiful: You MUST see this...
- 00:48 REVIEW: Annie at the Carnegie Theatre, Workington
- 00:48 Hull named as most enterprising place in Britain
- 00:44 Coleen Rooney ‘sick of Wayne’s immaturity’ and hopes community...
- 00:44 This is now the average price for a pint of bitter in UK
- 00:44 Coronation Street villain is on his way to Birmingham to star in...