Argentina face Colombia knowing they must improve or face World Cup window closing - so can Lionel Messi and Co work a way out of this mess?
Argentina remain confident of qualifying for the World Cup in Russia 2018, but even their staunchest supporters would admit they need to buck their ideas up – fast.
Last week's humbling 3-0 defeat at the hands of Brazil left the two-time World Cup winners and 2014 finalists out of the qualifying places for 2018 with 11 of 18 games played.
On Tuesday night, they welcome Colombia to San Juan with a chance to revive their fortunes – or set up a long, nervous wait in a difficult position until the next set of qualifiers in March of next year.
Here, Sportsmail looks at what La Albiceleste need... read more
- 01:05 Amir Khan calls out Floyd Mayweather but domestic rival Kell Brook...
- 01:05 James Haskell seeks upturn in Wasps form to boost his chances of...
- 01:01 ‘No deal’ Brexit would cost Tayside and Fife nearly £4bn, say...
- 00:59 Generation game in Gomersal
- 00:58 Mosul: Culture and concerts where IS once reigned
- 00:50 US style restaurant chain reveals location of next site
- 00:42 Heckmondwike man killed in Cleckheaton car crash
- 00:42 Subsidised bus services to be scrapped
- 00:32 Mercedes in harmony as Lewis Hamilton joins the party in Austin...
- 00:27 Harry Kane wants to become 'one of the best players in the world'...
- 00:27 Man City news: Gabriel Jesus insists Sergio Aguero deserves his...
- 00:27 Man Utd news: Juan Mata insists Huddersfield defeat was a one-off
- 00:24 EastEnders spoilers: Huge Christmas drama ahead for Lauren, Abi and...
- 00:24 EastEnders spoilers: Knife horror for Tina Carter leads to hit and...
- 00:24 Mel B ‘chucks out ex Stephen Belafonte’s stuff leaving him only...
- 00:22 Paris accord: US and Syria alone as Nicaragua signs
- 00:22 Emma Hayes will not replace Mark Sampson as England women's boss...
- 00:20 Album round-up with Ian Sinclair
- 00:20 Ever true to his roots
- 00:20 Bleak yet beautiful fictions of near-future disintegration
- 00:20 Ron’s gone: Everton can Koeman as Toffees sit 18th
- 00:20 England ‘raring to go’ despite losing first ODI
- 00:20 Caixinha slams shameful Rangers performance
- 00:20 Trouble in the hermit kingdom: Life in Korea before the war
- 00:20 The vampire kangaroo and the great sewage swindle
- 00:20 A genius beyond all category
- 00:20 We’ve only seen but the scum on the surface
- 00:20 World in brief: Tuesday October 24
- 00:20 Catalan legislature to mull Madrid’s ‘power grab’ plan
- 00:20 Army tightens noose on last Isis stronghold