Areva says awarded 5 billion euros worth of Hinkley Point contracts
French nuclear group Areva (AREVA.PA) said on Thursday it has won contracts worth over 5 billion euros (£4.32 billion) to provide various services at Britain's $24 billion Hinkley Point nuclear project.
The deal to build Britain's first new nuclear power station in decades at Hinkley Point was signed behind closed doors in London earlier on Thursday in a private ceremony.
Areva said the subcontracts include among others, a long-term fuel supply agreement, and the delivery of the two nuclear steam supply systems, from design and supply to commissioning.
The company will also provide material... read more
- 08:42 Riffing on the future
- 08:42 Reduced scale plans for site near old pub
- 08:40 Jamie and Louise Redknapp deny marriage trouble rumours amid claims...
- 08:39 Police still questioning Whitehall knifeman terror suspect as six...
- 08:38 Mansfield and district crime report
- 08:37 Stoke City news and transfer rumours LIVE: All the matchday...
- 08:36 Man saved young boy from Rutland Water
- 08:34 Petition opposes sale of any council homes in Shropshire
- 08:34 Oswestry’s Orthopaedic Hospital veterans’ centre would be first
- 08:34 No Shifnal Town Council poll due to lack of candidates
- 08:34 EasyBus link between Shrewsbury and Chester to start
- 08:34 Man who showed 'no remorse' jailed for sexual assault
- 08:34 Eastham Bridge collapse: Relief after new crossing is installed
- 08:34 Judge gives Telford drug addict a final chance
- 08:34 Telford landlord licence plan consultation delayed until...
- 08:34 Shropshire Council powers have been chipped away, says David Lloyd
- 08:34 Shrewsbury mother who left her children, aged four and 11,...
- 08:34 Chance to comment on spots for planting
- 08:34 Peter drives off with top national recognition
- 08:33 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 08:32 Historic pubs included in new real ale guide
- 08:31 Chelsea team predicted: Antonio Conte’s starting XI to face Everton
- 08:30 Philippine military says high-ranking Abu Sayyaf member killed
- 08:28 Berwick Community Trust chief reflects on twin town visit
- 08:28 Drones and fighting cyber crime make for good business inside the...
- 08:28 £4k boost for African trip
- 08:26 Joe Hart wants Manchester United transfer to prove Pep Guardiola wrong
- 08:25 China deports US 'spy' Sandy Phan-Gillis after conviction
- 08:24 Holme Valley stroke survivors tells their stories for Stroke...
- 08:24 Jane Bradley: Don’t make sport out of pregnancy