Are YOU losing the ageing lottery? Some of us are 'genetically destined to age faster and die younger' - no matter what you smoke, drink or eat
Five per cent of us are genetically programmed to age faster and die younger than everyone else, a groundbreaking new study reveals.
Scientists at UCLA have identified the clearest evidence to date that each individual has their own 'internal clock' that moves at a different pace to others.
It means that some people have a 50 per cent higher risk of an early death no matter what they smoke, drink, or eat.
The research could explain why some people die before the age of 100 despite being well-rested, physically active, healthy and stress-free.
Experts have hailed the discovery as a... read more
- 17:58 New airport hotel announces job vacancies - and the staff benefits...
- 17:53 Benevento 1-2 Sassuolo: Home side become first team ever to lose...
- 17:51 Updates as head-on car crash closes this main road for hours
- 17:50 Be on the lookout for this iconic Mini stolen from Huddersfield
- 17:48 Peddling fast to help with medical research
- 17:48 School pupils take part in Lord Mayor’s Show
- 17:46 Pickpocket concert warning as 53 mobile phones nicked at Royal...
- 17:44 Festive fun at prize bingo and craft fairs
- 17:44 Manchester United star Zlatan Ibrahimovic pens heartfelt message to...
- 17:44 Welsh Premier League: Citizens clinch double over Nomads
- 17:44 Hearts 1 Partick Thistle 1 as Kris Doolan spoils the Tynecastle party
- 17:41 Referrals to mental health service for children rocket in Cumbria -...
- 17:40 Grigor Dimitrov v David Goffin: ATP World Tour Finals – live!
- 17:40 VIDEO: Festive fun at Maryport Christmas lights event
- 17:40 Referrals to mental health service for children rocket in Cumbria -...
- 17:39 Peter Kay tickets on sale for £900 EACH as fans face huge online...
- 17:35 British sailer swept to his death in Clipper Round the World Yacht...
- 17:35 Arsenal’s Shkodran Mustafi reveals what he told Mesut Ozil moments...
- 17:34 Bull reported loose on side of the road near Southwell
- 17:34 Vigilante hunters 'serving up' one paedophile a week to police
- 17:34 Transfer talk: Nottingham Forest, Sheffield United & Fulham feature
- 17:32 Queen dons stylish trench coat during horse ride at Windsor Castle
- 17:30 Rhyl teenager missing from home for more than 24 hours
- 17:29 Car implicated in infamous North East murder sold for more than...
- 17:26 A1 reopens after almost five hours after woman airlifted to hospital
- 17:24 Neighbours take law into their own hands over dog poo
- 17:24 What actually happens when you are made redundant - and what are...
- 17:23 Gerry Adams says he understands how the families of the victims of...
- 17:21 We deserved to win says Dragons boss Dean Keates
- 17:21 Leeds United back to winning ways despite more penalty woe