Are YOU at risk? Experts fear spike in hacking after code used in one of the largest cyber attacks in history is released
Web security analysts have warned of a flood of online attacks from hackers after code for a bot used to carry out a huge hack was published online.
The code, which can turn unsecured devices such as web cameras, routers, phones and other hackable internet-connected devices into ‘bots’, could be used to target websites, knocking them offline.
Called ‘Mirai’, the code is believed to be behind last month’s landmark attack on security website Krebs On Security.
WHAT IS A DDOS ATTACK? A DDoS or distributed denial-of-service attack is used to target a specific machine, server or website.
This is... read more
- 14:34 Victims of Manchester attack named
- 14:33 Thousands of pounds of car buyer's cash stolen
- 14:32 Parent calls meeting over her concerns over a Doncaster school
- 14:32 Man, 87, jailed for historical abuse on young girls
- 14:32 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 14:31 Mum hits out at school bans on fidget spinners
- 14:31 TRAVEL: All trains at a standstill after signal fault at...
- 14:31 Buxton mum performs at Royal Albert Hall with Beach Boys
- 14:30 Manchester bomber was a ‘mule’ using explosive made by...
- 14:30 Mother Michelle Kiss named as victim of Manchester Arena terror attack
- 14:30 Poignant memories and warm welcome on Falklands return trip
- 14:29 Ronald Koeman looking to add creativity to his Everton squad this...
- 14:29 PLAYER RATINGS: Steven Gerrard looks good during Liverpool's win...
- 14:25 This bride got married on the same day as Pippa Middleton – in the...
- 14:25 Community spirit in Manchester is not surprising but it is...
- 14:25 German shipping group Hapag Lloyd completes merger with Arab peer UASC
- 14:25 Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service seeks apprentices
- 14:25 Parent calls meeting over her concerns over a Doncaster school
- 14:24 Elephant walkabout trumpets play’s arrival in Northampton
- 14:24 London stock exchange commends Northampton company as one of the...
- 14:24 New presenter for 2017 LOVE Northumberland Awards
- 14:22 Manchester attack: Bomber was criminal who had 'no religion' says...
- 14:22 Northumbrians enjoy a comfortable retirement, new research suggests
- 14:22 County mum confirmed as killed in Manchester bomb attack
- 14:22 Birmingham Pride to hold a minute's silence in memory of Manchester...
- 14:19 These are the rare coins that could make you richer
- 14:22 Doncaster man scoops top prize with best garden gold at Chelsea...
- 14:22 Manchester attack: Reaction from Berwick candidates
- 14:22 UKIP to restart the election campaign and launch its manifesto
- 14:22 Record breaking wildlife walk