Are YOU at risk? Experts fear spike in hacking after code used in one of the largest cyber attacks in history is released
Web security analysts have warned of a flood of online attacks from hackers after code for a bot used to carry out a huge hack was published online.
The code, which can turn unsecured devices such as web cameras, routers, phones and other hackable internet-connected devices into ‘bots’, could be used to target websites, knocking them offline.
Called ‘Mirai’, the code is believed to be behind last month’s landmark attack on security website Krebs On Security.
WHAT IS A DDOS ATTACK? A DDoS or distributed denial-of-service attack is used to target a specific machine, server or website.
This is... read more
- 21:11 Police to examine misconduct allegation against John Bercow
- 21:11 MPs back campaign to strengthen domestic abuse bill
- 21:10 Two women charged with murder over death of South Yorkshire woman
- 21:08 Relegated Sunderland poised to appoint St Mirren’s Jack Ross as...
- 21:08 Chelsea prepare talks to sign Unai Emery’s top Arsenal transfer...
- 21:08 Lawmakers choke back tears, rail at US Olympic leaders at emotional...
- 21:08 Fraud trial collapses over disclosure of BHA evidence
- 21:06 Police called to man on roof of castle hotel
- 21:06 Two women charged with murder over death of South Yorkshire woman
- 21:05 Alvaro Morata next club odds: Juventus, Man Utd among favourites to...
- 21:04 PICTURES: Dramatic images show raging inferno near South Yorkshire...
- 21:03 Beyonce and Jay Z show at Hampden given go ahead
- 20:56 Sebastian Vettel disagrees with phasing out of ‘grid girls’ in Monaco
- 20:53 Brexit: Ex-Vote Leave director Cummings warns of 'train wreck'
- 20:52 Uber shuts down self-driving operation in Arizona after fatal crash
- 20:52 Drink-driving dwarf reality star sobs in court as she admits...
- 20:44 'Righteous fight': Warren and Booker call on religious voters to...
- 20:43 Manchester attack: GMP chief criticises BBC documentary
- 20:42 ‘Whistleblower’ woman was ‘taped to chair and gagged by colleagues’
- 20:41 West Craven Well Being Group out to combat loneliness
- 20:35 Fibromyalgia - ‘it’s a battle of mind over body’
- 20:33 Andres Iniesta confirms next move after Barcelona exit
- 20:30 New York City to consider banning plastic straws
- 20:28 PICTURES: Dramatic images show raging inferno near South Yorkshire...
- 20:27 PICTURES: Multiple vehicle crash on busy Sheffield road
- 20:27 PICTURES: Dramatic images show raging inferno near South Yorkshire...
- 20:24 Dementia sufferer, 98, ‘died after care home workers left her in...
- 20:23 PICTURES: Multiple vehicle crash on busy Sheffield road
- 20:21 PICTURES: Multiple vehicle crash on busy Sheffield road
- 20:21 City creative firms in UK top 50