Are there benefits to breastfeeding until the age of five?
Are there benefits to breastfeeding children up until the age they start school?
A mum who breastfeeds her five-year-old daughter and two-year-old son, sometimes at the same time, says it's good for their health because her children are rarely ill.
Emma Shardlow Hudson, 29, said she is positive it's "because of the antibodies in the milk".
Advice in the UK is that women can breastfeed for as long as they and their child want to.
The NHS does not specify a time when women should stop giving their child breast milk.
Breast milk is recommended exclusively (with no other food or... read more
- 01:47 Leeds City Council reveals new plan for Clean Air Zone charges,...
- 01:46 Developers search for occupiers for remainder of Lomondgate scheme
- 01:42 Nostalgia with Margaret Watson: 150 years of St Saviour’s Church in...
- 01:42 It’s good to talk: Is ‘pink and fluffy’ the way forward for...
- 01:36 Northern Rail: Guards row sparks fresh strikes
- 01:36 Anthony Smith: Rail passengers share woes and demand answers
- 01:36 Leeds City Council reveals new plan for Clean Air Zone charges,...
- 01:31 Tortured puppy shifts Turkey elections agenda
- 01:28 Trump administration scrambles as outrage grows over border...
- 01:19 Disabled mother who fought for mobility support back’s charity crusade
- 01:18 'It's exhilarating': Japan's female sumo wrestlers take on sexism
- 01:14 The Rolling Stones: How Eel Pie Island shaped the band's career
- 01:06 Did colour cost Lenny Kravitz a major role in Big Little Lies?
- 01:02 Susanna Reid in 'constant battle' with Piers Morgan
- 00:56 Palestinian killed as Israel fires rockets
- 00:56 BREAKING: Trump demands tariffs on $200billion of Chinese goods as...
- 00:43 Recording captures cries of children separated from parents at US...
- 00:43 Spain to exhume Franco's remains and turn site into place of...
- 00:43 Teenager arrested over fatal north London stabbing
- 00:37 Why is the St George’s flag controversial - and is it legal to fly it?
- 00:37 Water firms failed customers during 'Beast from the East'
- 00:37 University chiefs to be forced to justify pay
- 00:36 Susanna Reid: I've had enough of men telling me about feminism
- 00:30 Regulator condemns ‘beast from the east’ water supply failings
- 00:22 Rapper XXXTentacion shot dead in Florida
- 00:11 View across the valley is a stunner
- 00:11 Former Millbridge teacher dies at 95
- 00:10 Deaths of mentally ill rough sleepers in London rise sharply
- 00:10 Saudi Arabia players land safely at Rostov after plane caught fire...
- 00:10 How trying to stay cool could make the world even hotter