Are aliens contacting us? Stephen Hawking's Breakthrough Listen project will look into bizarre light signals from 234 stars
A pair of astronomers claim they have found ET signals with 'have exactly the shape' of light pulses that could have been produced by alien beings.
They made their controversial findings by combing through 2.5 million readings from distant stars.
From this, they believe there are 234 cases of alien signals being sent to Earth.
Their claims are disputed by many experts in the field, including the Breakthrough Listen project backed by Yuri Milner, Stephen Hawking and Mark Zuckerberg, which is now working to find an alternative explanation.
WHAT ARE THE SIGNALS? The idea is if aliens were... read more
- 00:13 Disturbing rise in sprawling US-style ‘megafarms’ operating in Britain
- 00:13 What to do if you don’t get the GCSE grades you were expecting
- 00:13 What is the acceptable amount to give your children for passing...
- 00:13 Do universities actually look at your GCSE results?
- 00:13 What does it feel like to fail your GCSEs? Let me tell you
- 00:13 What to do if you need to retake your GCSE exams
- 00:11 Virgil Van Dijk met Chelsea without permission before telling...
- 00:11 Arsenal will only intensify Julian Draxler interest if Alexis...
- 00:10 Firefighters battle huge 'suspicious' blaze at Poundland in east...
- 00:10 South Africa: Miners’ union hits out after thugs firebomb homes
- 00:10 UK car production revs up in July
- 00:10 China and Russia denounce US over unilateral sanctions
- 00:10 Food industry warns of Brexit workforce shortage
- 00:10 Rubber bullets fired at Trump rally protesters
- 00:10 Northern transport summit ‘is a fraud’
- 00:10 Argos landed in court over ‘illegal scabbing’
- 00:06 WBC announce creation of ‘Money’ belt for Floyd Mayweather vs...
- 00:06 Ex-England captain Paul Collingwood offered £75k to play for Andy...
- 00:05 High blood pressure: Lowering your reading to THIS could protect...
- 00:05 IBS warning: Bloating and stomach pain could actually be too much...
- 00:05 Dementia risk: Three drinks that could PREVENT memory loss
- 00:05 Concern over 'rapid' rise of drink and drug abuse among the over-50s
- 00:00 Denmark: Torso’s DNA matches that of missing journalist
- 00:00 Yemen: Scores die in air strikes by Saudi forces
- 00:00 South Korea: Seoul shuns US calls for trade revision
- 00:00 CWU joins Momentum’s bid to deliver Tory losses
- 00:00 Tory MP slammed for racism
- 00:00 Finsbury Park Mosque: Victims of van attack still in hospital
- 00:00 Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 2: New reveal confirms Black Manta date...
- 23:59 Game Of Thrones season 7: New finale pictures tease tension between...