Archaeologists find cremation urn from at least 3,000 years ago at Lincoln bypass dig
Archaeologists from Network Archaeology Ltd have teamed up with Lincolnshire Live to reveal more about the incredible artifacts from a dig along part of the route of Lincoln's Eastern Bypass.
Here, Dr Richard Moore and director Christopher Taylor continue their Find of the Week series, and this week they share the amazing find of a cremation urn that's thought to be at least 3,000 years old...
For our latest Find of the Week, we are back at the Greetwell site, on the north side of the River Witham.
There are at least four early Bronze Age round barrows on this side of the river, to add to... read more
- 09:22 Magpies stalwart Adam Roscoe is sad to be leaving
- 09:22 Harry Kane will skipper England in World Cup finals
- 09:22 Croston climb into top spot as Eccleston stumble
- 09:22 Matt Jansen: Walker exit was my hardest call
- 09:21 Kenilworth Scout group inviting old members to join 75th...
- 09:20 Vet’s pole dancing routine with her dog deemed too racy for local...
- 09:19 Fox and Hounds back open as a pub after 13 years
- 09:19 Goldsborough’s Fox and Hounds back open as country pub
- 09:18 Maurizio Sarri’s representative breaks silence on ‘offer’ from Chelsea
- 09:18 Fun Run: Lancashire charity helping bereaved parents raises £8,000
- 09:17 Renew says work on Palace of Westminster is progressing well
- 09:16 Dog becomes adopted parent to nine ducklings
- 09:15 Gianluigi Donnarumma to Liverpool: ‘£35m plus player’ bid lined up...
- 09:15 Unai Emery: New Arsenal manager branded Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho...
- 09:12 Lane blockage and double lorry smash on motorway
- 09:12 Trekkers have a mountain to climb to help children's hospice charity
- 09:12 Home affairs boss accused of 'cover up' in Peter Dutton au pair case
- 09:11 Body found in search for missing Doncaster man
- 09:10 St Mary’s Church hosting children’s workshop during Warwick Festival
- 09:10 Why is the bee a symbol of Manchester?
- 09:10 Departing Kenilworth mayor presents cheques to charities
- 09:09 Harry Kane confirmed as England’s captain for the World Cup
- 09:08 Tesco to remove 'confusing' best-before labels from fruit and...
- 09:07 Princess Beatrice looks surprised among floral-printed bouncers
- 09:07 Peaky Blinders writer reveals the Birmingham City star he'd most...
- 09:07 Where you’re from will determine what university course you’re...
- 09:07 Tollbar CEO: ‘East Lindsey should congratulate us for investing in...
- 09:07 Liverpool news: Daniel Sturridge responds to reported fall out with...
- 09:07 Shares jump on report China could scrap birth limits
- 09:05 Louth CC: First XI beaten at Woodhall Spa