Apple wants to kill off cash: Tim Cook claims consumers 'don't particularly like it' as he also reveals AI could help boost your battery life
First it was the headphone jack, and now Apple wants to get rid of paper money.
CEO Tim Cook told the Nikkei Asian Review that the firm believes consumers want to live in a cashless society and will use Apple Pay to make it happen.
Cook made these comments just a month after the iPhone 7 became the first iPhone to support FeliCa, the contactless payment standard used in Japan.
Scroll down for video
HOW APPLE PAY WORKS Apple Pay works by holding the phone up to a card reader and pressing a finger on the TouchID button.
This confirms the person's identity, and the payment is made as if the... read more
- 10:11 Photographer transforms older women into stunning pinup models
- 10:11 Emergency services carry out mock rescue in Clitheroe
- 10:11 Figures reveal a high rate of heart failure in Northumberland
- 10:11 Funding aids vital restoration work to Cheviot summit
- 10:11 Car crash victim praises air ambulance
- 10:10 Have your say on tackling rural crime in your area
- 10:10 Huge haul of fake tobacco seized in the county last year
- 10:09 Huge haul of fake tobacco seized in the county last year
- 10:09 Smashed avocado comes exactly as described at Sainsbury’s
- 10:08 Burglars caused £4,000 damage to Penwortham store
- 10:07 Meet the face behind the Northampton sports group who is helping...
- 10:04 Get your tickets for the Team Verrico summer ball
- 10:04 Huge haul of fake tobacco seized in the county last year
- 10:04 LIVE: Lancashire v Warwickshire - Updates from Blackpool Cricket Club
- 10:03 Spa Striders placed well
- 10:01 Wigan dad-of-three's Inquest opens
- 10:00 Premier League transfer news: Anthony Martial, Mauro Icardi, Nabil...
- 09:58 What does ‘repeal the 8th’ mean? The Irish abortion...
- 09:58 Rail staff abused by passengers angry at timetable changes
- 09:58 Britain ‘must invest or become reliant on nuclear weapons’ in time...
- 09:58 Travel advice for Liverpool fans travelling to Kiev for the...
- 09:57 Premier League home records: Which clubs have been hardest to beat...
- 09:56 In the maxed-out NHS, pharmacists are just what the doctor ordered
- 09:56 Youngsters put through their paces to be part of Northamptonshire...
- 09:56 Rushden family hopeful ahead of meeting to discuss crucial funding...
- 09:56 Funeral of Doncaster charity stalwart Jeanette Fish to take place...
- 09:56 Over £2,000 raised for young Leeds rugby player who suffered...
- 09:55 Youngsters put through their paces to be part of Northamptonshire...
- 09:54 Funeral of Doncaster charity stalwart Jeanette Fish to take place...
- 09:53 Teacher called students ‘f***ing idiots’ and called white board...