Apple shares perk up after strong report from iPhone chip supplier
Shares of Apple Inc (AAPL.O) rose 1 percent on Thursday after German supplier Dialog Semiconductor Plc (DLGS.DE) said its quarterly revenue were higher than expected, adding to recent enthusiasm about demand for the newest iPhone.
With global demand for smartphones on the wane, Apple is counting on the iPhone 7 to help wrest market share from rival Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS) and limit an expected decline in annual revenue.
Apple accounted for about 80 percent of Dialog's revenue last year, making the chipmaker's results a potential indicator of iPhone sales.
"We believe... read more
- 00:22 Mixed message on complex realities of Muslim life in Europe
- 00:22 Neoliberalism’s stalking horse
- 00:22 Arsenal silence critics with derby win
- 00:22 Bairstow: England are raring to go
- 00:22 England get it done on a wet Saturday evening
- 00:22 The novel of lust and lunacy that enraged Spain
- 00:22 Get set for next year’s Merthyr Rising Festival
- 00:22 Should we still use the terms ‘bourgeois’ and ‘proletariat’?
- 00:22 A gaffe that wasn’t a gaffe
- 00:22 Madrid under fire for welcoming in fugitive ex-mayor
- 00:22 PLO blasts threat to close down diplomatic outpost
- 00:22 Goodbye and good riddance, Mugabe?
- 00:22 Anti-frackers face increasing police violence
- 00:22 BiFab workers celebrate victory for work-in fight
- 00:22 Socialist values the way back to power
- 00:21 How mum moved to Italy to learn about ice cream - now her own...
- 00:21 Watch painful moment girl loses £1000 jackpot on madcap new TV...
- 00:21 Theresa May announces £250 million for major Midland Metro...
- 00:21 Black Friday survey finds 60% of last year's deals available at...
- 00:19 Germany coalition: Talks collapse as FDP pulls out
- 00:17 Matt Doherty marvels at John Ruddy as Wolves show they can do the...
- 00:08 Club vs country is a challenge to keep check on travelling Premier...
- 00:08 Dribbling in football is becoming a dying art... the coaches have...
- 00:04 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Has the magic worn off for Debbie McGee?
- 00:04 I'm A Celebrity 2017: Ant McPartlin up to his old tricks in the jungle
- 00:04 I’m A Celebrity 2017: Shappi Khorsandi breaks down amid horrifying...
- 23:58 Ex-England paceman Gladstone Small on retaining the Ashes on...
- 23:58 Former Australia captain Ricky Ponting claims Alastair Cook will...
- 23:57 Chile election: Conservative Sebastian Pinera takes lead
- 23:48 Zlatan Ibrahimovic vows to hunt down Manchester City as he returns...