Apple shares perk up after strong report from iPhone chip supplier
Shares of Apple Inc (AAPL.O) rose 1 percent on Thursday after German supplier Dialog Semiconductor Plc (DLGS.DE) said its quarterly revenue were higher than expected, adding to recent enthusiasm about demand for the newest iPhone.
With global demand for smartphones on the wane, Apple is counting on the iPhone 7 to help wrest market share from rival Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS) and limit an expected decline in annual revenue.
Apple accounted for about 80 percent of Dialog's revenue last year, making the chipmaker's results a potential indicator of iPhone sales.
"We believe... read more
- 11:38 Firm threatens legal action if it can't carry out fracking survey...
- 11:37 Collective shambles
- 11:37 Who is Marshall McLuhan, the star of the latest Google Doodle?
- 11:37 Pound v US dollar: GBP could surge against USD on Fed rate decision
- 11:36 Dave Mackay happy with workrate of his Stirling Albion side in...
- 11:36 Joanne Calderwood left raging after points decision goes against...
- 11:36 Boots faces morning-after pill cost row
- 11:35 First class garden for a flower show
- 11:35 Manchester United target Eric Dier keen on transfer despite...
- 11:35 How Linkin Park made rap metal memorable
- 11:35 Paper round-up: Barcelona want Coutinho, Wilshere to West Ham,...
- 11:34 Alliances made as Ulverston prepares for worst case scenario
- 11:34 National crime expert brings experience to Cumbria police service
- 11:35 Antonio Conte: Chelsea have signed a fantastic striker in...
- 11:34 Barrow fire boss praises his men after four-car inferno
- 11:34 Barrow school thankful for new inclusive sensory room
- 11:34 Barrow man jailed for carrying drugs and lock knife
- 11:34 Debate: Recorded crime figures on the rise
- 11:34 Twinkling Stars is officially world class
- 11:34 Cancer fighting cop's year of fundraising
- 11:32 Blac Chyna seems over Rob Kardashian scandal as she joins Nicki...
- 11:32 Family pays tribute to 'beautiful angel' mum-of-four killed in car...
- 11:32 What are the dangers, effects, and laws when it comes to Molly...
- 11:32 Coventry City matches set to be broadcast online
- 11:31 It's the fight club!
- 11:31 A successful run of sports development
- 11:31 These are the most common travel scams - and here's how to avoid them
- 11:31 Coroner rules concerns over care of elderly woman did not cause death
- 11:31 Police officer crisis as the numbers plummet
- 11:31 Motorist to stand trial