Apple-Samsung iPhone patent feud leaves U.S. top court struggling
The fierce, big-money patent fight between Apple and Samsung left the U.S. Supreme Court groping for a solution on Tuesday, as the justices puzzled over how to discern the value of individual design elements in a complex product like an iPhone.
The eight justices heard arguments in Samsung's bid to pare back $399 million of $548 million it paid Apple in December following a 2012 jury verdict finding that it infringed Apple's iPhone patents and copied its distinctive appearance in making the Galaxy and other competing devices.
The $399 million penalty stemmed specifically from Samsung's... read more
- 11:02 Success for protesters at Coventry University after union rights...
- 11:02 Missing schoolboy feared cheat accusations after 100% marks in mock...
- 11:02 Yorkshire Dales-themed garden wins gold at Chelsea Flower Show
- 11:02 Ruth Davidson: Tories should smile more
- 11:02 Sheffield councillor backs Irish abortion rights
- 11:01 Arsenal legend Ian Wright blasts 'despicable' Gunners as Unai Emery...
- 11:00 Blackpool's rock rebels inspire young fashion designer's collection
- 11:00 Tributes to respected businessman
- 11:00 'We had Danny Ings in recently': new Burnley Italian taking town by...
- 10:59 Schools, police and council showing their support for Walk to...
- 10:59 How our media coverage has helped Windrush family’s campaign for...
- 10:58 Man suffers serious neck injuries after assault in Ingoldmells bar
- 10:57 Pop artist Robert Indiana, creator of LOVE, dies aged 89
- 10:57 Have your say on Wigan estate masterplan
- 10:57 Axe hangs over Leicestershire Marks & Spencer stores uncertain as...
- 10:56 Dad stabbed to death for refusing to buy knock-off perfume
- 10:56 Marks & Spencer swings axe on more than 100 stores
- 10:54 Boxing News: Anthony Joshua next fight set to be in USA - EXCLUSIVE
- 10:54 This tattooed man went up climbing frame and shouted about ‘where...
- 10:54 Senior archbishop has been found guilty of child sex abuse cover up
- 10:52 Craig Mahon: Morley and Johnson can give Chester FC a new lease of...
- 10:52 Tragic story behind the £350,000 electric Jaguar which Prince Harry...
- 10:52 Tributes to respected businessman
- 10:51 Yorkshire Dales-themed garden wins gold at Chelsea Flower Show
- 10:51 Brewery expands out of the Isle
- 10:49 BREAKING: Marks & Spencer announce Lancashire store closure
- 10:49 New face at Fylde coast tax team
- 10:48 Here are all the latest pink gin deals to get stocked up for Bank...
- 10:48 Former Aston Villa board member lands high-profile recruitment role
- 10:48 Liverpool will need £70m bid to net big summer transfer target