Apple-Samsung iPhone patent feud leaves U.S. top court struggling
The fierce, big-money patent fight between Apple and Samsung left the U.S. Supreme Court groping for a solution on Tuesday, as the justices puzzled over how to discern the value of individual design elements in a complex product like an iPhone.
The eight justices heard arguments in Samsung's bid to pare back $399 million of $548 million it paid Apple in December following a 2012 jury verdict finding that it infringed Apple's iPhone patents and copied its distinctive appearance in making the Galaxy and other competing devices.
The $399 million penalty stemmed specifically from Samsung's... read more
- 11:35 Sign up to take part in this year's Tour de Furness fundraiser
- 11:35 How to stay safe in wake of new global cyber attack
- 11:34 BREAKING: M1 closed in both directions in South Yorkshire due to...
- 11:34 BREAKING: Six individuals to face charges over Hillsborough disaster
- 11:34 Hartlepool United severs all ties with JPNG and Gary Coxall in...
- 11:34 Paramedics ride NARROWBOAT as they rush to help patient
- 11:34 Hillsborough criminal charges to be brought
- 11:34 Man dies after being struck by car in Leamington
- 11:34 What will the ATMs of the near future look like?
- 11:34 Britain is leaving the EU, but should Brexit-hit investors go the...
- 11:33 Warning over Tesco voucher scam as thousands fall for crafty hoax
- 11:32 More than 400 properties empty in the Harborough district
- 11:32 It’s a Knockout fun day for inspirational Amelie
- 11:31 Family’s lucky escape as overturning car demolishes wall at...
- 11:31 Paedophile breached order by talking to boy, nine, in Chorley
- 11:31 Firefighters battle house blaze in Hartlepool
- 11:30 David Duckenfield and Norman Bettison among six people charged over...
- 11:29 Eyeing election, Russia's Putin stages visit to voter's rundown home
- 11:29 Liverpool pre-season tour: Fixtures, teams, dates, stadiums revealed
- 11:29 ‘Man Utd have signed Ethan Galbraith’: Irish FA make announcement...
- 11:29 Government invests £340,000 to remodel Harrogate A&E department
- 11:29 Chairman of Eskdale Festival ‘excited’ for next year
- 11:28 Birmingham City Council to launch energy company to take on 'failed...
- 11:28 Chance to buy a house for £2 as family opts for unconventional...
- 11:28 Double award win for Hallam architecture graduate
- 11:28 Sheffield secondary awarded national teaching school status
- 11:27 BREAKING NEWS: Relief for Hillsborough families as six are charged...
- 11:27 Angela Merkel tightens grip on power according to new poll
- 11:27 Government invests £340,000 to remodel Harrogate A&E department
- 11:26 Hillsborough commander David Duckenfield charged with 95 counts...