Appeal for witnesses after cyclist (55) dies in Colne collision
A 55-year-old woman has died following a collision with a lorry in Colne. Police were called by the ambulance service at around 2-25pm yesterday following reports of an incident near to the junction of Skipton Road and Langroyd Road.
A female cyclist had suffered serious injuries after being involved in a collision with a red Man truck. She was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.
The male driver of the truck was uninjured and no arrests have been made.
Officers are appealing for information following the collision and would be keen to speak to anyone who witnessed the incident.
Sgt... read more
- 17:19 Gardener’s appeal after thieves steal van
- 17:18 Tragic star Savenaca Koroibulileka’s wife and sons attend memorial...
- 17:18 It’s beginnning to look a lot like Christmas in Bourne
- 17:18 Ex-Swiss banker goes home after U.S. loses extradition from Germany
- 17:18 Departing Gregory hails ‘brilliant’ Stratford Town supporters
- 17:17 Drivers spend 11 hours stuck in Castle Street traffic jams in one...
- 17:17 University ‘tells gay student to keep quiet after classmates tell...
- 17:17 How Nokia and Motorola mobile phones are among classics selling for...
- 17:17 New road signs proudly welcome visitors to Hull UK City of Culture
- 17:16 Marcus Rashford will be a centre-forward, says Manchester United...
- 17:16 Police capture convict hiding under van
- 17:14 Breast cancer drug ‘unfairly blamed’ for side effects
- 17:12 Burlington School’s brush with success in art competition
- 17:12 Scots GPs warn rising workloads may affect patient care
- 17:11 Bomb disposal team to carry out explosion on Walney
- 17:11 Exclusive - Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense:...
- 17:10 Sky receives takeover approach from 21st Century Fox
- 17:10 Residents urged to secure properties following thefts
- 17:10 One of Cumbria's worst-hit communities reunites after the floods
- 17:09 David Seaman picks a stunning dream Arsenal five-a-side team: Who...
- 17:09 Tens of thousands of homes without water due to burst main
- 17:09 Boston United appoint Adam Murray as new manager
- 17:08 11 good deeds that have happened in Nottingham this week
- 17:08 Christopher Biggins on the Theatre Royal and why Nottingham panto...
- 17:07 'Altercation' reported at Uttoxeter's Christmas Cracker
- 17:07 East Midlands funk, soul and reggae band By the Rivers to play...
- 17:07 Christmas and New Year supermarket opening times in Burton and...
- 17:05 Alabama inmate heaves and coughs during lethal injection
- 17:04 Health experts urge people in Northamptonshire to order repeat...
- 17:03 Man United hero Ryan Giggs reveals Louis van Gaal thoughts before...