Appeal for help piecing together final movements of 73-year-old Ribchester man
0 Have your say Police are appealing for help piecing together the final movements of a 73-year-old man whose body was found in the River Ribble. Stewart Carysforth, from Ribchester, was reported missing from home at around 7 pm on October 16th (Sunday) after his family became concerned as to his whereabouts.
Mr Carysforth was known to enjoy walks in the area so a multi-agency search was launched, focusing on the area around his home.
Sadly his body was located in the River Ribble, less than a kilometre from his house on Monday afternoon.
Det Insp Nicola Bithell, from Blackburn CID, said:... read more
- 14:11 Best friend of Sheffield's tragic Jarvin Blake pleads guilty to...
- 14:11 Devoted dad 'battered to death with cricket bat' after 'confronting...
- 14:10 UPDATE: Two men arrested following armed police operation in...
- 14:10 Planning applications: What is being built where you live?
- 14:09 Reading bug hits school students
- 14:09 Chris Grayling accused of ‘running scared’ as he pulls out of...
- 14:09 Solicitor is found guilty of stealing Wigan firm’s cash
- 14:08 Gentle old horse had to be put down after thugs cut its tongue out
- 14:08 Poundworld to hold 'closing down' sales as administrators insist...
- 14:06 Support proves key for teachers and children alike in Kenya’s...
- 14:06 UPDATE: Two men arrested following armed police operation in...
- 14:05 Bumper crowd turns out for Cleary's Home Show
- 14:03 Work continues on derelict Central Plaza Hotel in Carlisle
- 14:02 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 14:01 Appeal to trace family of Washington man
- 14:00 Ex-navy officer to be sentenced for sexual offences against eight...
- 14:00 Charity cyclist to set off at border
- 14:00 Should cobbles make a return to town centre?
- 14:00 Woman found after police appeal
- 14:00 RSPB: Frogs and toads are disappearing from Cumbrian gardens
- 14:00 Mesh bags are a thing this summer so our wallets can rejoice
- 13:59 Is it time to legalise medical cannabis in the UK?
- 13:59 Hull's Poundworld stores are officially closing - with a massive...
- 13:58 Two men rob man and woman of bike and phone in Northampton
- 13:58 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:56 Arsenal transfer news: How Ever Banega could fit into Unai Emery's...
- 13:56 Gateshead snap up released Middlesbrough youngster
- 13:55 Primary school bullies chop off five-year-old disabled girl's hair...
- 13:55 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:55 It's going to be a scorcher and here's what's happening