Appeal for 'Good Samaritan' as woman is robbed on way home from night out
A Good Samaritan who helped a woman after she was robbed has been asked to come forward.
The 43-year-old woman was walking along Norton High Street on Friday night when a man walked towards her and ripped her handbag from her arm.
She was walking towards the duck pond when the man launched the attack directly opposite Café Maison at around 11:15pm.
In trying to prevent this, the woman was pulled to the ground and struck her head. She suffered concussion and was treated at North Tees Hospital, then released.
The suspect is described as a white male, 5`7” tall, of slim build and wearing a... read more
- 01:53 Can English remain the 'world's favourite' language?
- 01:53 David Lammy: 'Hate mail won't scare or silence me'
- 01:53 London Ambulance Service taken out of special measures
- 01:53 Call for greater oversight of recommendations of public inquiries
- 01:50 Lauren Goodger appears to make thinly-veiled dig at former TOWIE...
- 01:46 Colombia conflict: Swapping the battlefield for the football pitch
- 01:36 Manchester united in love as city turns out to remember 22 victims...
- 01:34 Australia free trade deal talks to push for greater access to EU's...
- 01:31 UB40's Ali Campbell: 'We're still cool'
- 01:08 Are sweeteners healthier than sugar?
- 01:06 Stephanie Davis' return to Hollyoaks: Actress reads her new script...
- 01:06 Love Island bosses 'ban cigarettes in the villa and garden for 2018...
- 01:06 Penelope Cruz's lookalike sister Mónica flaunts her envy-inducing...
- 01:06 The Rolling Stones return to London for first show in five years as...
- 01:06 Georgia Toffolo looks pretty in flirty pink tweed dress as she...
- 01:06 Kendall Jenner and Hailey Baldwin's bubble bath fun: Models take...
- 01:06 David Walliams and Matt Lucas 'feud': Little Britain duo seen...
- 00:56 Customer choice under threat at Britain's banks
- 00:52 Brian Cox among backers of new Scottish campaign to halt Brexit
- 00:51 US to lift ban on baiting bears with doughnuts in Alaska
- 00:48 Call for action on UK's screenwriter gender inequality
- 00:48 Richard Gere to make TV return with role in BBC drama
- 00:48 Manchester United 'remains most valuable club in Europe'
- 00:48 Banks 'charging more' for overdrafts than payday lenders
- 00:48 US Congress passes partial Dodd-Frank rollback in move to...
- 00:45 Michael Gove attacks Philip Hammond over Brexit legislation defeats
- 00:45 UK threatens to name and shame state backers of cyber-attacks
- 00:44 Totally stuffed: Cern's electrocuted weasel to go on display
- 00:32 UK becoming 'cocaine capital' of Europe, warns minister
- 00:27 'WE WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU'