Apology over Watch Dogs 2's genitalia gaffe
A discovery that attacking a female character in a video game leads to the player being shown a explicit depiction of her genitalia has prompted an apology from the title's creator.
Ubisoft says it intends to release an updated version of Watch Dogs 2 later this week to remove the imagery.
The apparent mistake was discovered by a UK-based gamer who obtained a copy of the title ahead of its release date.
He was briefly punished for bringing the matter to others' attention.
The player - who has only revealed his first name is Adam - explained what had happened on the Neogaf forum.
"On... read more
- 16:22 Dear Reader: We need real affordable housing + my spell in A&E
- 16:20 Dear Reader: We need real affordable housing + my spell in A&E
- 16:19 Cable theft in Bardney
- 16:19 WIN! Family ticket to Gulliver’s Easter Extravaganza
- 16:19 Cost of finding temporary accommodation for homeless people going down
- 16:19 Nominate a first aid hero
- 16:19 Family of murdered Pc Keith Palmer pay tribute to ‘wonderful dad...
- 16:18 Nominate a first aid hero
- 16:18 Man accused of arson after flat fire in Huddersfield
- 16:18 Overnight services at three North East urgent care centres to...
- 16:17 Beamish Museum searching for visionary to create 1950s world and...
- 16:17 Star Wars news: Han Solo spin-off character detail LEAKED by Woody...
- 16:17 Destiny 2 release date LEAK reveals PC launch and Bungie beta news...
- 16:17 Support is there for those who need it this Mother's Day
- 16:17 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Chapel St Leonards pupils support Red Nose Day
- 16:16 Philippines' Duterte derides U.S. for past inaction in South China Sea
- 16:16 The poor get poorer in Germany, too, draft government report shows
- 16:16 Sturgeon has ‘confidence’ in Cunningham amid terror row
- 16:15 Pamela Anderson 'STORMED OFF' Celebrity Juice set after Keith Lemon...
- 16:15 Comment: Is this Government intervention in all but name
- 16:15 Eden contestants leave wilderness after a year to find show hasn't...
- 16:15 Viviane Sassen's Kenyan Souvenirs
- 16:15 Martin Margiela: Looking back on the Hermes years
- 16:15 Khalid Masood named as Islamic terrorist behind Westminster attack
- 16:15 ‘Most wanted’ Morecambe arsonist jailed for seven years
- 16:14 Fruit-shaped sensor 'can improve freshness'
- 16:14 Asbestos campaigner makes plea for Barrow service
- 16:14 Arsenal star reveals real reason Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez...
- 16:13 Travel card fares going up on trams and buses
- 16:13 Nominate a first aid hero