Apology as bus driver prays by Portsmouth road
A bus company has apologised after a school complained about a coach driver stopping to pray on a main road.
Parents of about 50 pupils from Meon Junior School told the Portsmouth News they were "furious" the Vision Travel bus had stopped on Eastern Road.
The pupils and staff were returning from a school trip to London when the Muslim driver began using a prayer mat on the roadside.
A spokesman for the Cosham-based firm said it was investigating.
Parents said the bus was left parked in a dangerous position as other vehicles had to swerve to avoid the parked bus as children and... read more
- 09:55 Vietnam labels Taiwan drills on disputed island 'serious violation'
- 09:55 Former Aston Villa target is primed for a promotion push
- 09:55 Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez, Man United talisman Zlatan...
- 09:55 Arsene Wenger 'clear in his mind' about his Arsenal future as...
- 09:55 Idyllic Derbyshire village earmarked for even more housing
- 09:54 Holbeach mum launch £180,000 fundraising effort to improve town parks
- 09:54 Twenty-two new homes plan for Law’s Yard in Spalding
- 09:54 7 arrested by police in drugs raid on the East Marsh
- 09:54 Master’s 40 years with the hallmark of quality
- 09:53 Neil Lennon insists he is innocent after bitter bust-up with Morton...
- 09:52 Russell Brand makes his return to live radio after 8 years with...
- 09:52 Charlotte Crosby explains marks on her face during romantic trip to...
- 09:52 Russell Crowe fires back at body shamer Howard Stern and we salute him
- 09:52 Sky Blues at Wembley: All the latest news and build-up as Coventry...
- 09:52 Jose Mourinho eyes Andrea Belotti if Manchester United move for...
- 09:52 Paul Scholes: This is where Man United will finish under Jose Mourinho
- 09:52 Fantasy Football Tips: The best captain options assessed for...
- 09:52 Arsene Wenger admits his Arsenal future is not completely sorted
- 09:52 Latest Chesterfield magistrates’ court results
- 09:51 Youngsters hit the target with James Bond style celebration
- 09:51 Warwick School crowned NatWest Schools Cup champions
- 09:51 Why buying these five everyday items at supermarkets is a bad idea
- 09:51 Former Olympic velodrome re-opens for 125th anniversary
- 09:50 Head to step aside to concentrate on opening new school
- 09:50 Allison’s charity zipline challenge
- 09:50 Festival of wool crafts
- 09:50 Join Oscar in space
- 09:50 Music and banter galore
- 09:50 All recycling sites at Barrow supermarkets and Park Leisure Centre...
- 09:50 People’s History Show tells story of Black Agnes AgnAgnes